Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although the 65nm isn't out, I'm upgrading to the build now so when it does come out I'll order either the 5000 or the 4800 right away.

CPU: 4800+/5000+ Brisbane. Approx 250-375 CAN Status:Awaiting release. (Doesn't release by Xmas, going to buy the closest AM2 CPU)

Mobo: Gigabyte M55SLI-S4 NVIDIA Socket AM2 ATX Motherboard / Audio / PCI Express / Gigabit LAN / S/PDIF / USB 2.0 & Firewire / Serial ATA (G452-2334) Status: Payment sent. Waiting shipment.

RAM:2x1GB DDR2 Corsair/OCZ Status: Not paid for yet.

GPU: EVGA 7600 GT Status: Not paid for yet.

Case: RAIDMAX Ninja Performance Status Payment sent. Arrived.

Heatsink: Scythe Mine REV.B Heatpipe CPU Heatsink 100MM AM2 LGA775 S478 S754 S939 S940 1500RPM 22DBA 42.69CFM Status: Payment sent. Waiting shipment.

GPU Heatsink: Zalman VF900-CU LED Copper Dual Heatpipe 1350-2400RPM 18.5-25.0DBA VGA Cooler W/ Blue LED Status: Payment sent. Waiting shipment.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Grab up the cheepest AM2 you can find to hold you over than unload it

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Critique?

You should have picked up the Infinity instead of the mine

Don't buy from Corsair or OCZ, since you're in Canada you should look into Team Group

Brisbane isn't going to bring anything new to the table, you won't be seeing them at 3.5-4

You should have went with an DFI NF590 board

You should have gone C2D

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by swayne View Post
bad choice if u want amd that bad wait for k8l but as of now going with a compleet build on the high end using amd just makes no sence to me at all
K8L has like 6 months, if so then why did people buy X6800's with quad core coming out in like 6 months from then?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PaRaDoX
View Post

I'm so sick of people saying "CORE TWO DUO CURED MY CANCER!!" jezzz....

Looks good from what i can tell. Should have gone with opteron though -_o

Boy do I agree with that. I am going opty now so lets hope that works out. And waiting for k8l doesn't matter since am2 has a steady upgrade path for it in the future. am3 will fit into am2 boards so thats not a big deal.

All in all, looks good.

·
Registered
39 Posts
well the 65nm were released, just who knows how long until websites get them. I took newegg a good 2 months to get a good assortment of AM2 chips.

So if they don't get them in time, go with either an opty or a 65W X2, or see if you can get a 4800+. Those are nice chips, just hard to get your hands on

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.