Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my new AMD Athlon 64 4000+ from directron.com and am not sure they sent me what they advertised. They list it as a Clawhammer, but I suspect it may be a San Diego. The # etched on the chip is:

ADA4000DAA5BN
I am thinking that, even if they did, I ought to just keep it (I paid $335 with free shipping). Can anybody advise me on what I should do?

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
The only 4000+ on directron.com is a San Diego...that part number brings up a 90nm core so that means San Diego...the Clawhammers are old and I think you struggle to find one at a retailer any more.

Keep it, the San Diegos are better than Clawhammers

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gary v

Can anybody advise me on what I should do?

AMD (ADA4000DAA5BN) Athlon 64 4000+, 2.4 GHz OEM / Unboxed Processor : Processor, 1024 KB Cache Memory, For Socket 939, 2000 MHz Bus Speed

This is a San Diego. I also would keep it.

R

·
Premium Member
20,315 Posts
Agreed, I hav.e the same chip with similar markings. San Diego

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Why in the world would you WANT a Clawhammer? The San Diego is far superior. It uses less power, runs cooler, and overclocks higher. Keep it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I'm so very new at this. I only just considered building my own system 2 weeks ago. I have learned alot since then, but I am still extremely green. I assumed the Clawhammer was better because, at Newegg, it was $15 more. I'll NEVER make that mistake again.

I will consider myself lucky they sent me the San Diego and move on. Thanks again.

P.S. I was wrong before--I bought it from buyxg.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts