Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just brought myself this processor and a K&N pro SLI monthboard and was wondering what i need to change to start overclocking.

ive only changed the fsb so far to 212 as anything above that will not boot and keep restarting.

i overclocked my p4 but not too suer on AMDs as this is my first time ovefclocking one.

any help would be greatful
thanks

·
Premium Member
10,417 Posts
Start by lowering the multiplier...then increase the HTT(FSB) to get a little higher...
That will ease the stress on your memory....
That 400W PSU might hurt your OC in the end...but it should hold up for a decent clock...
What are your memory timings?

·
Registered
355 Posts
^With, of course, running a divider (in case ed209 didn't know to do that). The faq in the stickied section of this forum has great, and easy to follow information in quick overclocking.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
please post a link to your memory...I wish people would be more detailed in their system specs...If you want help, we need to know what you are using...it's kinda like listing your CPU as a "skt 939 2.0ghz." NEED more INFO.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here is a screen shot of my ram timings also what does the HTT come under as on my board as K8 CPU clock ratio and goes as well as 5 and goes up like 5.5 6 6.5 7 etc

i know the psu is not that great but it will be changing in a week to a 500w one.

·
Premium Member
10,417 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ED209

here is a screen shot of my ram timings also what does the HTT come under as on my board as K8 CPU clock ratio and goes as well as 5 and goes up like 5.5 6 6.5 7 etc

That's good now show the rest...

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ED209

here is a screen shot of my ram timings

that's not what i was talking about...what is the brand/default timings of your memory. Post a link to a website that has your exact memory.........
That memory screenshot does nothing for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts