Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
What can't a 4+1 phase do
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i'm new here and i have never overclocked a processor before. I run a modified stock Acer with a Nvidia GTS 450 which i have overclocked through software. I was looking to overclock my AMD Athlon 64 x2 5000+, but I have no experience previously overclocking. My processor never gets above 23 degrees C even under as much of a load i can put on it. So i would think I could OC it quite a bit.
If someone can help me, that would be great, also, if you need specs on my motherboard and stuff, i can tell you. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts

·
Registered
4,613 Posts

·
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Michigan, but its pretty dry most of the year here, and I never get any condensation, I also have a good 150CFM through the case with the current fans I have.

-EDIT Also, the computer is one room over from our dehumidifier, so it stays quite dry in the room.

·
Registered
748 Posts
overclocking on an Acer board probably will not work, due to a locked bios.

·
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah, alright, im probably going to get a upgrade kit soon, so a new mobo and cpu, but im not sure if im gonna get an amd or intel cpu

·
Registered
4,613 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
yeah, your not gonna be able to oc using bios on that board. you could oc with a software program but i wouldn't recommend it. your better off getting a new board.

if you want some help shoot us a budget and we can throw something together for ya

·
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My budget would probably be somewhere around 300-500$, but im going to wait until the second half of this year for the new processors, and all I really need is a new motherboard, RAM, and CPU. I could also use a new hard drive, since mines only a 320gb, but its not really required.

-edit- LoL, i didnt notice you had a Spire Thermax trulsrohk, agreed, I like your cooling style too.

·
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I checked my bios also, and you guys are right, there is absolutely no allowance of overclocking on my board

·
Registered
1 Posts
I Seem to Have the Same Problem but I Have a Different Motherboard, The XFX GeForce 8200.

I Don't Know if the Motherboard will work with the Athlon 64 x2 5000+

I am Hoping to Overclock to 3GHz

Anyone?

·
Registered
40 Posts
hey guys im looking to oc my athlon +5000 Brisbane. I have a biostar tf7025-m2 motherboard with an onboard overclock navigator engine. Last night i did an automatic oc to 2.979ghz from 2.6ghz. Im wondering what a safe temperature is for consistent running? if i can keep the temp down i can go beyond that clock speed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts