Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I wanna overclock my cpu mentioned above. I tried ur guides but i just got confused :s Do i have to change something in my motherboard to overclock? or is it just that i go into the BIOS and change something?

BTW, what is the highest i can overclock withought harming my cpu. I just wanna increase it a bit to improve speed

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Do take some time to read the stickys, there is a lot in there. Here is a post of mine for another new to the ways.

http://www.overclock.net/showthread.php?t=6306

He is using a diiffrent CPU but the concept is the same.
One thing you will want to get is the CPU-Z @ www.cpuid.com to find out what the stepping on your CPU is. Prob see a 0 or A stepping or 1 or B stepping and the B is a better OCer.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by couger

Hi,

I wanna overclock my cpu mentioned above. I tried ur guides but i just got confused :s Do i have to change something in my motherboard to overclock? or is it just that i go into the BIOS and change something?

BTW, what is the highest i can overclock withought harming my cpu. I just wanna increase it a bit to improve speed

It really depends on the mobo weather you have to change something in the mobo itself (jumper) or go in the bios and adjust the settings. Go over your motherboard's manual and find out if the FSB needs to be set by jumpers or the bios. The former needs to be changed in the mobo, by hand, while the latter is changed through the bios.

Post your system specs (include brand/model of components) so that we're able to provide you with more specific help.

BTW: You can definitely overclock without damaging your CPU... That's what we all do around here (well most of us
).

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by couger

Specs:

L2Cache: 256KB
Mainboard: Microstar International Co. Ltd MS-6367

Do i need to change anythin in the motherboard or just via bios?

Thats about all i know :s

I took a look at the manual for your mobo and the FSB is to be set by jumpers. The one jumper right on top of your AGP slot.

Unfortunately, the higher supported FSB on this mobo is 266 and that's what the XP2000 runs, so it cannot be overclocked at all....
not an overclocking mobo...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.