Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
64,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all those Interested.

Quote:

DAAMIT seems very active on the driver side while Nvidia is still sleeping on its G80 Vista driver release.
ATI released a new one good for RC2/RTM customers. This is on top of the the XP one we wrote about this morning.

The first thing we noticed is that it sports AMD Desktop Product Family Support but the cards are still branded as ATI Radeon X1950 series and so on. AMD finally got its chipset with AMD Chipset Product Support and multimedia stuff as well.

The new driver can update over the old one and you don’t need to uninstall first to get the second. That’s good news for all us lazy boneses

Rest here :http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=36368

·
OVERCLOCK IT OR DIE
7,336 Posts
Vista still isn't RTM lol, and I doubt business's will be running too many 8800's. As far as those of us who're running the beta, that's what beta is take it or leave it. The 5/6/7 series Vista drivers on the other hand work superbly! So the score for DX9 drivers is still tied.

NVIDIA
At least we have a DX10 card.
Guess AMD won't have to sweat the Vista drivers for it's DX10 cards until they actually have one. We all know TheInquirer is nothing but a bunch of AMD/ATI fanboys anyways.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinhead-227
View Post

RTM = Release To Manufacturers. Yes it is.

Yup, yup, or I wouldn't have a copy here with me!
CompSci student FTW: free OSes!

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Modki
View Post

We all know TheInquirer is nothing but a bunch of AMD/ATI fanboys anyways.

Or thats just what you want to beleive since they usually are the first one's to post whats that called.. Oh yeah, news. Notice how they have stories before everyone else.

·
OVERCLOCK IT OR DIE
7,336 Posts
Okay I thought RTM meant that regular people could buy it, guess I was wrong. Well then it's whatever it isn't until its January 30th.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Modki
View Post

Okay I thought RTM meant that regular people could buy it, guess I was wrong. Well then it's whatever it isn't until its January 30th.

The RTM (comparable to Ultimate Retail) and retail are really one in the same..

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheEddie
View Post

The RTM (comparable to Ultimate Retail) and retail are really one in the same..

RTM is not comparable to a version it just means that they are now burning the data to discs now, the rtm and retail versions are pakcaged with all vista versions in one dvd, when you go to the store and buy it you buy all versions of vista on the same dvd, it is your serial key that picks out the one you bought so if you buy home basic and decide later you want say ultimate you buy a serial key at a discounted price from microsoft and use the disc you still have

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by noshibby View Post
RTM is not comparable to a version it just means that they are now burning the data to discs now...
It means it's been Released To Manufacturers. In other words, you can buy a new PC with vista already installed from, say Gateway or Dell (examples). It is the exact same version that will be "retail" at the end of January.

It also means that the "special" people can legally get a copy. There's already been well over a million copies sold or otherwise distributed legally. IT IS THE EXACT SAME VERSION YOU WILL BUY OFF THE SHELF (assuming you buy Vista Ultimate).

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
also Office 07 has gone RTM as well and the enterprise version PWNS... they both are the real copies, i have tested them both and are on DVDs next to me.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hey Higgins, since you have Vista Ultimate, would you mind divulging what the "Ultimate Extras" are?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts