Overclock.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I come to you with tears and little sleep (and not quite totally following AMD's current line of 45 nm's that aren't quads)..

the X2 4800+ box that i've been running MySQL on just decided to give out on me at a realllllly bad time.

I swore that after having a second AMD build die in a three month period that I'd go Intel this time, but I don't have the cash to throw at a non-celeron setup right now..

All I need is a board and CPU..
Preferably a step up in respect to the CPU, and the motherboard MUST support RAID(hopefully with SAS support, but I have a card in case) and DDR2..

Cheap as possible is key, this is being used for an unpaid research project

Thanks in advance... big time

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
What failed on the system? having two AMD systems fail in such a short time makes me think PEBKAC rather than manufacturer problems.

Regardless, P5NWS has onboard SAS and is 775 (not great seeing as its being replaced by the socket i7 uses)

In all honestly, your best bet is probably to wait for some new offerings from ASUS that include onboard SAS, if that is really important to you because the only offerings right now are for their x58 lineup, which is probably out of your budget.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by killnine View Post
What failed on the system? having two AMD systems fail in such a short time makes me think PEBKAC rather than manufacturer problems.

Regardless, P5NWS has onboard SAS and is 775 (not great seeing as its being replaced by the socket i7 uses)

In all honestly, your best bet is probably to wait for some new offerings from ASUS that include onboard SAS, if that is really important to you because the only offerings right now are for their x58 lineup, which is probably out of your budget.
lol, i haven't heard that term in a long time, but I'm 98% that it's not a user issue.. as for waiting, that's time the production environment doesn't allow for

Quote:

Originally Posted by tindolos View Post
Mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813186151

Cpu: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103210

Slap your SAS card in there, plug in your onboard video and BAM.
Thanks, looks good

·
Efficiencycionado
5,587 Posts
just update that bios

but i thought you want something cheap? i was thinking like semprons

1 - 10 of 10 Posts