Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dunno if this a dumb question to ask, but is there a possibility that the new AM2 motherboards are going to be BTX? Cause that would keep me from getting a new case anytime soon.

·
Banned
5,844 Posts
from what im reading (intel anyway) that the process going to 65nm is keeping heat way down and there is no real need for BTX anymore since BTX was just a better way to place and cool (with that huge honkin HS) so i would think just like i read that BTX is going to its grave before it even caught on.

·
Premium Member
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good..how many years do you think it will be before the standard motherboard size and design changes?

·
Banned
5,844 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Mumbles

Sounds good..how wany years do you think it will be before the standard motherboard size and design changes?

i dont think itll change anytime soon dont worry

·
Banned
5,844 Posts
haha see its not going anywhere and intel can push it all they want lol there the ones that wanted it then created a chip that doesnt need it.

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
I think that BTX would be great if it were adopted by everyone. It's not that Intel designed a chip that doesn't need BTX. It's just a high level of efficiency of cooling. Who doesn't like better efficiency? Just because the newer chips run cooler doesn't mean that it shouldn't be cooled by more efficient means of cooling. That will lead to cheaper electricity bill and quieter operation - I really wouldn't mind that!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts