Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, Once again with another build i that I'm going to upgrade too this friday since i have a buyer buying my sig rig for 700 or 800, and I'm looking for a GAMING RIG for 900 ( INCLUDING taxes )

So far heres what i have

Intel

and

http://www.canadacomputers.com/produ...item_id=018324

Ok, this build is ovbiously will be stronger for gaming, but would the quad core bottleneck the 5850? if it will thats fine i can OC'd it anyways, but is that MB good? ( don't know what to look for when buying a MB, any tips? )

AMD

Now, this build will be better for the future, cause BULLDOZER will be AM3 Stock, can X-FIRE 5770 near the future.

Thanks all, Feel free to post any builds too, but use tigerdirect or Canadacomputers

What do you guys t hink? i am trying to cheap it UNDER 800 without taxes lol

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
AMAZING AVATAR!

I'd go with the AMD build. With the q8300 you can't upgrade to anything better. But bulldozer is coming out like you said and thats a huge upgrade. And cf the 5770s! Get an 890gx or 890fx board though.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOcelot
View Post

AMAZING AVATAR!

I'd go with the AMD build. With the q8300 you can't upgrade to anything better. But bulldozer is coming out like you said and thats a huge upgrade. And cf the 5770s! Get an 890gx or 890fx board though.

Oh yeah, i had my eyes on this board before

http://www.canadacomputers.com/produ...item_id=031505

Will that be good? I have no clue what to look for when buying a MB

·
Registered
545 Posts
I'd go with the AMD build as well, but drop the X6 and get a 955BE or 965BE. Also I suggest you get a different PSU if you plan on CF cause I don't know if that PSU can handle those 2 5770's

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by ablearcher
View Post

I'd recommend not bothering with the 1055t, and I would recommend to get a 955BE, since no game currently can take advantage of six cores, as most are still struggling to utilize two cores, right now.

eh the 955be is 179.99 while the 1055t is 214.99, down here in canada, but with 40 bucks extra i can prob find a 5850..

Quote:

Originally Posted by arioscrimson
View Post

I'd go with the AMD build as well, but drop the X6 and get a 955BE or 965BE. Also I suggest you get a different PSU if you plan on CF cause I don't know if that PSU can handle those 2 5770's

Lol yeah, i'll prob upgrade the PSU again in the future w hen i plan to CF, i have 2 ****ty computers that needs PSU anyways.

·
Z-80 > i9
17,244 Posts
AMD by far, its got a faster CPU and the HD5770 is fast enough for any game on the market now. (Besides, don't want to spend too much on a GPU when its not that long until the HD6ks hit)

·
Banned
2,327 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brutuz
View Post

AMD by far, its got a faster CPU and the HD5770 is fast enough for any game on the market now. (Besides, don't want to spend too much on a GPU when its not that long until the HD6ks hit)

This^

1 - 9 of 9 Posts