3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Feature Highlights of The AMD Catalyst™ 14.3 Beta V1.0 Driver for Windows®

Thief:
AMD Mantle and AMD True Audio support
Improves stuttering observed in CrossFire mode
Call of Duty: Ghosts: QUAD CrossFire profile update - improves level load times
Audio issues observed when using CrossFire configurations (and V-sync enabled) have been resolved
BattleField 4: V-sync issues observed on CrossFire configurations (with Mantle enabled) have been resolved

Known Issues
Intermittent driver stability issues when installing/un-installing on Desktop Kaveri platforms that support AMD Enduro technology under Windows 8.1. Please disable Enduro support to resolve the issue
Secondary GPUs do not enter low power state on CrossFire configurations; this issue will be addressed in the next AMD Catalyst beta release
Thief (DirectX): Lighting flickers on CrossFire configurations only after CrossFire has been enabled then disabled; this issue will be addressed in the next AMD Catalyst beta release
Battlefield 4 (DirectX): Quad CrossFire configurations with Eyefinity Display configurations suffer slowdowns and stability issues
Titanfall: Flickering occurs under AMD CrossFire configurations
Download link: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

Quick notes since I'm currently at work:

* It seems GCN 1.0 optimizations for Battlefield 4 are not present in this driver set. According to the rumor mill that will come in the next WHQL release.

* AMD also released an updated version of their driver uninstaller, it now supports both Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. Here: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Clean-Uninstall-Utility.aspx

Enjoy!

·
Programmer
28,696 Posts
Still no Thief patch! Waiting for that before installing these drivers. Come on!
mad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupe View Post

VERY IMPORTANT: AMD requires all previous drivers be uninstalled before installing this driver.

·
News Junkie
8,235 Posts
Audio issues observed when using CrossFire configurations (and V-sync enabled) have been resolved
thumb.gif

·
Premium Member
11,444 Posts
FINALLY! I'll be able to play BF4 with VSync again. Can't wait to try this when I get home from work. I was hoping for a Titanfall Crossfire fix though. I don't get flickering, but only 1 card is actually utilized.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Quote:
Secondary GPUs do not enter low power state on CrossFire configurations; this issue will be addressed in the next AMD Catalyst beta release
Pass, I dont need a Heater running 24/7.

I hate the way they want you to wipe everything for a display driver.

I did it once, and it was a PITA, as it removed all mainboard and chipset drivers, you know how hard it is to install USB Drivers when all your Keyboards/Mice are USB and Not recognized?! lol.

Run the Installer, Choose Custom, Select All, Write Down what's available to install, Cancel, Open Uninstaller, and Choose the options that are display driver only.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie2009 View Post

thumb.gif
This will be very nice if fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by binormalkilla View Post

FINALLY! I'll be able to play BF4 with VSync again. Can't wait to try this when I get home from work. I was hoping for a Titanfall Crossfire fix though. I don't get flickering, but only 1 card is actually utilized.
I'm guessing that this is because there is no application profile for Titanfall yet? If you check the box in CCC for "Enable AMD CrossfireX for applications that have no associated application profile" it will enable the second card but seems to run poorly. Hopefully this fixes that and/or adds the profile?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkateZilla View Post

Pass, I dont need a Heater running 24/7.

I hate the way they want you to wipe everything for a display driver.

I did it once, and it was a PITA, as it removed all mainboard and chipset drivers, you know how hard it is to install USB Drivers when all your Keyboards/Mice are USB and Not recognized?! lol.

Run the Installer, Choose Custom, Select All, Write Down what's available to install, Cancel, Open Uninstaller, and Choose the options that are display driver only.
this is ULPS correct? with xfire it should be disabled regardless, its not going to really generate any more heat since they second card really wont be doing anything

·
Registered
911 Posts
thats it?

·
Consumerism 101
4,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanna_buy View Post

Where is WHQL driver?
rolleyes.gif
WHQL drivers are "quarterly" so...

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
So.... Is anyone using any of the 14.xx drivers in eyefinity? What about eyefinity portrait?

Well, this driver is a disaster for me, just like all of the other 14.xx drivers. In 4 way crossfire bf4 either crashes when loading or runs at 6-7fps. In 3 way crossfire the game runs at 120fps, but it's not smooth, as if frame pacing is disabled. 2 way crossfire is smooth, but doesn't provide consistent 120fps at 3240x1920 res. This was with a clean install using ddu 12.6.

So back to 13.2 drivers for me.

- edit - I also had the same issue as one user above. My usb mouse and keyboard would intermittently turn off and would need to be unplugged and replugged in order to work. I can't even imagine what the video driver might have to do with that.

·
Consumerism 101
4,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by axiumone View Post

- edit - I also had the same issue as one user above. My usb mouse and keyboard would intermittently turn off and would need to be unplugged and replugged in order to work. I can't even imagine what the video driver might have to do with that.
Hmm, I had this issue with my keyboard when I installed 14.x beta drivers. I was just thinking it was the keyboard acting up since it occurred most regularly at startup
axesmiley.png

·
Programmer
28,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by axiumone View Post

So.... Is anyone using any of the 14.xx drivers in eyefinity? What about eyefinity portrait?

Well, this driver is a disaster for me, just like all of the other 14.xx drivers. In 4 way crossfire bf4 either crashes when loading or runs at 6-7fps. In 3 way crossfire the game runs at 120fps, but it's not smooth, as if frame pacing is disabled. 2 way crossfire is smooth, but doesn't provide consistent 120fps at 3240x1920 res. This was with a clean install using ddu 12.6.

So back to 13.2 drivers for me.

read the known issues list. Quad CFX on BF4 does not work. Causes reduced fps and stability issues.

·
PC Evangelist
48,302 Posts
I am fine with 13.12.

14.X all dont work with mining and no Power Target.

Mantle still not good in BF4. worse then DX11.

·
I Love this Hobby!
7,829 Posts
Seems that there are many drawbacks for Crossfire users with this driver so I'll hold onto 14.2 for a little while longer.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06yfz450ridr View Post

does this fix the memory leak issue with mantle? need to give this a go again with xfire the last beta ran great for me in bf4 though while not using mantle
Don't think so.

which I'm honestly pissed off about, this is a load of crap. I understand these are beta drivers, but how can AMD be completely ignoring the whole community half of the GCN community, prbably more then half, I'd say its safe to say there are more 7000 series cards being used then the new ones (for now until more are made/sold)
I won't even be able to use mantle before direct x 12 is out at this friggin rate.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.