Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
WaterCooler
5,470 Posts
6900XT at $699 is nice. Not much of a price cut for the 6800.

wow that is looking delicious. My next is absolutely going to be Radeon. Nvidias pricing scheme is just out of touch with reality.
Well here's hoping AMD can read the room with pricing RDNA3 when it launches Nov 3rd.

·
Graphics Junkie
4,467 Posts
That is about what i paid for my RX 6800 when I bought mine from AMD.com not long after they launched (579 MSRP at launch). Did MSRP go up at some point, and now it's just coming back down to normal? I guess it must have.

IMO these MSRPs for cards that are now ~ 2 years old is still totally insane. Before the latest mining craze, paying this much for cards 2 years would just be a joke to gamers. It's still crazy to me to see people excited over what's like a 5% reduction from launch MSRP. Never before has MSRP actually gone up during the life of a GPU.

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,979 Posts
RX 6800XT / 6900XT look mighty attractive at those price points.
Jeez, the 6600 looks crazy compared to the 3050 now! It's funny how every GPU below the 6800XT was viewed at as a "bad deal" across the board, but now they're all seen as the absolute best possible purchases you can hope to acquire. xD Awesome.

• Rep+
Reactions: paulerxx1

·
PC Evangelist
48,731 Posts
I bet 6900 XT will beat 4080 in most raster games.

·
waifu for lifu
13,695 Posts
If things are normalizing just wait till both teams have their new shiny cards out in the wild. Gamers will see even better deals.

• Rep+

·
Iconoclast
33,714 Posts
That is about paid for my RX 6800 when I bought mine from AMD.com not long after they launched (579 MSRP at launch). Did MSRP go up at some point, and now it's just coming back down to normal? I guess it must have.

IMO these MSRPs for cards that are now ~ 2 years old is still totally insane. Before the latest mining craze, paying this much for cards 2 years would just be a joke to gamers. It's still crazy to me to see people excited over what's like a 5% reduction from launch MSRP. Never before has MSRP actually gone up during the life of a GPU.
I don't think the vanilla 6800 has changed in official MSRP across it's run. It was just never in stock much, even relative to the other Navi 21 parts.

The most notable change is the $300 reduction to the 6900 XT, and the decent reduction to the entire low-end and mainstream stack.

Maybe, if we are talking about the 4080 12G and games that aren't at all shader limited. The 6900 XT does have better pixel/texel fill rate, larger cache, and slightly more memory bandwidth. It's still pretty far behind the 4080 12G in FP32 performance though.

• Rep+

·
Newb to Overclock.net
5,128 Posts
If things are normalizing just wait till both teams have their new shiny cards out in the wild. Gamers will see even better deals.
Why not wait until ALL three.

·
H₂O Aficionado
5,661 Posts
Nice! Thanks for sharing. Can you link the source?

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,979 Posts
That would be a crazy turn of events in AMD's favor, considering the 7900XT is suppose to be at least a 2x improvement over the 6950XT at the same power draw.

I'm most excited for the 7600XT, which is rumored to be around the 6900XT's performance. :3

·
Official Luddite of OCN
6,112 Posts
That would be a crazy turn of events in AMD's favor, considering the 7900XT is suppose to be at least a 2x improvement over the 6950XT at the same power draw.

I'm most excited for the 7600XT, which is rumored to be around the 6900XT's performance. :3
Yea, I'm actually really looking forward to the 7500 series to replace my Vega 56 in my living room pc. I'm just really hoping they go full 16x pci-e... The performance loss using a 6600XT or lower tier card on pci-e 3.0 was unacceptable to me.

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,979 Posts
Yea, I'm actually really looking forward to the 7500 series to replace my Vega 56 in my living room pc. I'm just really hoping they go full 16x pci-e... The performance loss using a 6600XT or lower tier card on pci-e 3.0 was unacceptable to me.
I didn't think the performance hit for the 6600 series was that huge on 3.0, was it particularly bad? o_O

·
PC Evangelist
48,731 Posts
I didn't think the performance hit for the 6600 series was that huge on 3.0, was it particularly bad? o_O
It was only 6500 XT/6400 4GB that had problems with PCIe 3.0.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Font Number Parallel Document Circle

Pricing used one year waranity.

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,979 Posts
This is great news! Prices were kinda already there, but having official cuts puts downward pressure on the whole market. Anything news that benefits consumers is uplifting in a world where most news is depressing.
Ebay shows equally crazy low prices too. Like... I'm seeing used RX 6800s for around $430~ (still too high for me, but its a start)

• Rep+
1 - 20 of 36 Posts