Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps others already know but the 955 can be clocked at 4.0ghz+ and be stable for folding. I did it, and I am not a OC guru by any measure. I am hoping this speed lets me get 3 a3's per 24 hours. I used my sig rig mobo and it happened with 6gb of SuperTalent DDR3 (mid-range memory). This rig gets dropped to 2gb since it is a 6.29 client and the 4 I pull out goes to a -bigadv project. Tough luck what happened to mista bernie (losing his first -bigadv)

Project for the Spring Break (I passed the 1st quarter CCNA class,this is a CISCO dominated networking class, tough stuff for me) is to get the i7 D0 I bought off the OCN "For Sale" rack, overclocked and then -bigadv. I will use a ASUS P6X58D Preminum, I hope this quality mobo makes 4.0 happen for me and team 37726. Best To get things going now for Chimp Challenge.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
well i have 2 amd rigs folding. 1 is a 620, 2 are 9500s and the only good one is a 940 at stock 3.0 spd. i had it OCed to 3.4 for a while and it got about 4K or some SMP but that was with twin cards working in the same system. i think we took my buddies 965 C3 to 3.97 or something like that and he gets almost 8K a day on it.

·
Premium Member
7,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think that 4 min 48 second per percentage is the figure to shoot for when doing a3's with 6.29. This happens right a 4.0 on a 4 core but much lower on a hyperthreaded i7.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
So you finally did the 3 A3 mark per day? Congratz on that [[]]. i have a TPF of 5:12 right now at 3.9GHz DDR @ 1209MHz at 5-5-4-12 trfc 48 (still testing though)

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
ok, its early in the morning but i just checked my 2 machines here at home
the I7 @ 4.0 gets 3 min 7 sec TPF and the kids 940 @ stock 3.0 gets 8 min 42 sec TPF
both of those are 6.29 smp advmethod WUs. let me know if that helps.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
5,123 Posts
Man, PCCstudent...
You and CyGnus are going to be pushing some of us long time folders to step it up. Just a few months ago, there was nobody on my overtake list... Now there are people more than a million points away who are charging up the ranks to pass me.

now just wait for me to get my quad off air(current TPF is around 10 minutes
) later this month as well as pick up a fermi card or two and then we shall see if anyone remains on my overtake list

·
more chroma!
3,565 Posts
Helps if your 955 is C3 and under water!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PCCstudent View Post
moms, what's is the story on an ASROCK mobo? are they a component prefered in the UK?
NEW England. As in northeast USA.

ASROCK is a brand of motherboard promoted by the ASROCK Girl, goddess of rock hard abs and ASROCK glitter tats. It is said if you buy enough ASROCK motherboards, you may win the favor of her and her enchanting engrish:

·
Premium Member
7,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I should have noticed "New" England. The ASRock girl is probably as old as me by now (a demo on socket 478 boards?)

K4m, I make up in stamina what I lack in brains (I should be -bigadv by now but I am sure it will be a 3 day a 100 post activity for me, probably **** off half of OCN in the process also)Now if CyGus had some decent (or more of it) hardware he would be giving me trouble. He makes his points off 1 PC, I have 5 mobo's going. I must really catch up in school over Spring Break so no time to work on a OC for my i7.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
just wait, today was my frist day of full folding and i am still smp on my I7. i might end up going bigadv in a bit which will put me over 50K PPD

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
I am at 27k a day now with one PC
, i will see if i can find a pci-e 1x riser if so i can put my 8800GT alpha dog to it that would boost me yo like 5 or 6k ppd more
Pccstudent its only a matter of time until i put here a Q9550 and pass this Q9400 to a 3 sli board and then we are talking buisness hehehe just have to find 3 more 8800GT it will be only a folding rig
(just hope the electric bill this month is not as huge as the other...)

·
Premium Member
7,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gy, I would be proud to put out 27K off a single mobo (when not -bigadv) you do good work. I think I already checked but is a Q9550 capable of hyperthreading?. You know I have a 550BE and a Q6600 just idleing around, you make some ground on me and well, its 6.29 time

·
Premium Member
46,119 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PCCstudent
View Post

Gy, I would be proud to put out 27K off a single mobo (when not -bigadv) you do good work. I think I already checked but is a Q9550 capable of hyperthreading?. You know I have a 550BE and a Q6600 just idleing around, you make some ground on me and well, its 6.29 time

Nope, no HT on the Q9550.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Yeah no HT that would be real sweet but i think that's why they made i7's though either way i am amazed at my 9k ppd from a 3.9GHz Quad (sure the board and ram help's a lot in my case
) and good OS configuration also helps so i run as few processes as possible
i take everything i can to the max

·
Premium Member
7,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cy, I bet your single mobo non i7 27K ppd is very close to some sort of record. If another folder does better with a single non i7 rig, post and let your accomplishment be known. Sure looking at performance issues is not along the lines of the spiritual reasons why we fold but I admit I find that it takes my mind of those heavy, painful issues.

·
Premium Member
46,119 Posts

·
Premium Member
46,119 Posts
Guess he forgot Windows can only use 8 GPU cores...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts