Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source.

Quote:

Quote:


"As one of the first microprocessor manufacturers to innovate with lead-free bumping technology, AMD is continuing its track record of environmental responsibility and customer-centric thinking in how we produce our products," said David Bennett, vice president of strategic manufacturing and alliances at AMD, in a statement.

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,411 Posts
See people? Now everytime you buy an AMD chip you will be saving a bunny
.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
605 Posts
Nice post! rep+

On another note, GEIL makes DDR memory with the chips integrated right into the PCB, which means no lead...and less heat
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,847 Posts
Earth FTW!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,776 Posts
Well, that won't stop global warming.......It was 71f here yesterday, felt more like Easter than near Xmas.

This is the hottest December ever that I can recall. I need/want my 20f degree days, tired of this 50s and 60s.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,501 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Melcar View Post
See people? Now everytime you buy an AMD chip you will be saving a bunny
.
and while i'm in the industry an men made disease is making them blind and go dead. sorry to say this but people are monsters


Quote:

Originally Posted by Nasgul View Post
Well, that won't stop global warming.......It was 71f here yesterday, felt more like Easter than near Xmas.

This is the hottest December ever that I can recall. I need/want my 20f degree days, tired of this 50s and 60s.
rofl you US people to, i thaught only EU country's where starting to feel the effect. (it's a ***ty world we live in these days, * qoute eminem*)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,847 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PaRaDoX View Post
Thats why i buy AMD. They care about me...i think
They don't have a choice, which is a good thing. I think. I mean, Intel, the Super Corp. Has so many OEM vendors it doesn't really matter if its chips are crap or great, they sell like hot cakes. AMD on the other hand, rely on us, the non-oem end users to buy thier products because they were made from suggestions and feedback from us.


This is why I'll stick with AMD in my desktops for as long as they make CPU's.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,411 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PaRaDoX View Post
Thats why i buy AMD. They care about me...i think
Nah, they care about your money, but you have money, so they care about you too
.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,752 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Melcar View Post
See people? Now everytime you buy an AMD chip you will be saving a bunny
.
There's got to be some reason to buy an AMD chip for a new system. Certainly price/performance won't be the reason.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
605 Posts
Do we really need more bunnies?

How bout, everytime you buy AMD you save a snake? That way we can save the enviorment AND control the bunnies! Plus its always neat to see a snake scarf down a bunny
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,411 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ropey View Post
There's got to be some reason to buy an AMD chip for a new system. Certainly price/performance won't be the reason.

That's true in the high end at the moment, but in the low/med end they are doing just fine.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,876 Posts
Funny how AMD is claiming to be pro-environmental, when their 4x4 systems suck down 500 watts. Removing a miniscule amount of lead is not going to offset all the CO2 and mercury (which is much, much worse than lead) that is released from coal power plants due to all the electricity these chips consume.

If AMD wants to be pro-environmental, it should work on making its chips more efficient, instead of hypocritically claiming that removing 0.5 mg of lead from their chips is helping the environment. Its not.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,708 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Melcar View Post
Nah, they care about your money, but you have money, so they care about you too
.
I don't buy my stuff new from AMD


They did help me fix my system awhile ago, my motherboards diagnostic said "no CPU" so i called them up and they said "try blah blah, if not send it back in and we'll replace it"
It was funny I never did get a response like that when i called intel to see what the heat limits were on the P4.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HrnyGoat View Post
If AMD wants to be pro-environmental, it should work on making its chips more efficient, instead of hypocritically claiming that removing 0.5 mg of lead from their chips is helping the environment. Its not.
.5mg adds up, think about it... if Dell orderd 100,000,000 CPUs....then you'll get quite a big number. CPU's don't weigh anything anyway so when you say it on a single chip basis it does not sound like anything.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,776 Posts
HrnyGoat; It's not about power consumption but the product itself. They're making chips that won't have led.

Led is harmful for the environment, such as batteries that people always throw away in the garbage.

And if they remove some, at least is something. But the planet is doomed anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
865 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by jriggs256
View Post

People still use coal?

Yes.... Eastern Kentucky... I was playing baseball game, and during that game, I saw about 5+ trains with 30+ cars stacked full of COAL...

We are a proud people...

I think we need to plant more trees... might help with the CO2 problem.... a little bit
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
605 Posts
Ah, I provide PC support for TVA nuclear plants, didnt know anyone still used coal for power....wow
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top