Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
I wonder how well these things will overclock, given the two extra cores.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
The 6mb of l3 cache is going to kill this thing. At least the phenom II architecture has more l2 cache per core than the i7's and i5's though.

I really want to go AMD but I don't think these things are going to help me. And the fact my main music D.A.W. only supports 2 cores.. Just depends.

·
Banned
1,545 Posts
I Wonder what kind of improvement if any, Two extra cores can give to games like GTA4 and UT3 as well as others that make use of more than 2 cores..

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sosikwitit
View Post

I Wonder what kind of improvement if any, Two extra cores can give to games like GTA4 and UT3 as well as others that make use of more than 2 cores..

They may run super pi a little closer to the i7's. That's all people care about on these boards when buying a chip. Oh and if it can get a higher 3d mark score. Don't bother posting real world performance on anything. /sarcasm.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dham
View Post

They may run super pi a little closer to the i7's. That's all people care about on these boards when buying a chip. Oh and if it can get a higher 3d mark score. Don't bother posting real world performance on anything.

Lol I know what you mean but personally I care about real-world performance and look forward to seeing these in action.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jigglylizard
View Post

Lol I know what you mean but personally I care about real-world performance and look forward to seeing these in action.

Yea man I was being sarcastic. Haha. I'll add /sarcasm on my post.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Wonder what they will go for? :/

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chranny
View Post

Wonder what they will go for? :/

Phenom II x4 960T - $190 - 3.3 Ghz QuadCore with Turbo-Boost
Phenom II x6 1035T - $230 - 2.6 Ghz Hexacore with Turbo-Boost
Phenom II x6 1055T - $270 - 2.8 Ghz Hexacore with Turbo-Boost
Phenom II x6 1075T - $310 - 3.0 Ghz Hexacore with Turbo-Boost + Unlocked Multiplier

·
Intel/Nvidia
3,445 Posts
Wait, the Phenom II x6 aren't Black Editions?

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jemping
View Post

Nice, now I'll just wait for the BE
and the right price..

BE/ Non BE - really doesn't matter. some BE's dont even clock as good as non BE's. don't get fooled

·
AMD Overclocker
9,176 Posts
Well, I myself am an avid gamer and I'm curious to see the overclocking potential and gaming performance. I can't imagine these chips will be geared towards gaming, but who know if it will actually show any real world performance increase.

EDIT: 1,000th post!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sks72
View Post

I wonder how well these things will overclock, given the two extra cores.

probably very badly...I had to give my 995 tonnes of extra voltage to reach 3.9GHz, two extra cores is only gonna make it worse :/

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Waiting on a black edition, and a revision or two to get it a bit more refined. I wonder how the megahalems will handle them.

·
Married people build too
1,494 Posts
Very fair prices if true, but most people still aren't going to need more than four cores. Still, would be cool to have six anyway.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts