Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I found someone on ebay selling AMD Athlon FX57 on e-bay for $885.00....

Anyone bought CPUs thru ebay???

Safe? not safe?....

The price sounds good...$885 versus $1100.

Any toughts?

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Don't waste your money. Look for a good Opteron and save yourself $500 to buy phase change and outclock the FX-57. But if you must, it all comes down to the individual seller. I've bought several things off ebay from video cards to RAM, but I always buy from sellers with good reputation and always use PayPal because they have excellent fraud protection. But you are taking a risk, so keep that in mind.

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
If you want a FX57, then get it. Ebay is pretty safe. Just check the seller's reputation and be careful to read everything!

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
ive bought all my cpus on ebay (5-6) and good luck so far, one had bent pins and the guy sent me another, i just bent the pins back. check prices at stores first though alot of the time the price isnt much better than retail and much more chance of something bad happening.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

Don't waste your money. Look for a good Opteron and save yourself $500 to buy phase change and outclock the FX-57.

Thats the best bit of advice you,ll here today. I personally have never had a problem with anything i have bought through ebay

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I got my CPU off ebay, brand new sealed in box but i was lucky, theres a lot of fraudsters on there, i wouldnt spend over £150 ($250)

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cokker

I got my CPU off ebay, brand new sealed in box but i was lucky, theres a lot of fraudsters on there, i wouldnt spend over £150 ($250)

What are you trying to say young man. Got a job lot of Brussel Sprouts in a job lot auction should make 2k lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts