Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys;

I bought cpu, motherboard and ram couple days ago and trying to oc cpu but i am new to it.

Here is what i get:

4.3 ghz with 1.344 v and 52 C(full load); seems stable with prime95 blend test for 5 hours.

The other settings are exactly same with this guide
http://www.overclock.net/t/1348623/amd-bulldozer-and-piledriver-overclocking-guide-asus-motherboard

Also I set my ram speed to 1300 mhz

The brands i bought are:

Cpu: Amd fx 6300
MB: Asus M5A99x evo r2
Ram: GSKILL 8GB (2x4GB) RipjawsX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 1.5V Dual Kit Ram
Power supply: Cooler Master 650W (i dont know what kind of Psu is this i bought it 3 years ago with the case(CM 690) but there is no plus 80 certificate)
Cpu cooling: Xigmatec Balder SD 1283

My question is 1.344 v is normal or high for 4.3 ghz? When i increase 4.4 ghz, Prime 95 gives error immediately in blend mode but cpu passes small fft test. I think there is something wrong with memory settings.

Increasing voltage cause more heat so i dont want to try that. I just want to make sure system is stable at 4.3 ghz so 1.344 v is normal or high?

Thks

·
Ultimate Rig Winner
7,280 Posts
What is your cooler and ambient temps, and you load and idle temps, 1.344 looks okish for tats speed, ive seen a 6300 need 1.55 for 4.2

Answer the questions and report back

·
Premium Member
9,682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedroc1999 View Post

What is your cooler and ambient temps, and you load and idle temps, 1.344 looks okish for tats speed, ive seen a 6300 need 1.55 for 4.2

Answer the questions and report back
Cpu cooling: Xigmatec Balder SD 1283

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Temps are like following:

cores in idle (coretemp program) : 12 C
cores in load(same program) : Changing from 40-43 C

Ambient temp: 22 C

I read Cpu temp from (Asus AI Suite II program) in idle : 29 C (Is that cooler temp?)
Cpu temp from same Asus program in load : 51 C

·
Ultimate Rig Winner
7,280 Posts
I guess you 'see' 800MHz in CPU-Z. That is a way to scare newbies off, jokes asside... You are running 2 4gb modules in Dualchannel, so the total ram speed is devided by what channel your running, if you have 1gb stick then youl see the full speed, if you have dualchannel then youl see rated speed divided by 2, if 3 divide by 3 so on...

You are ok in terms of RAM speed

·
Registered
218 Posts
Couple of things,

Please dial in your CPU overclock, do all stress testing on it, different voltage attempts, different clocks, etc. and have it 100% stable before you mess around with ram settings at all.

Something I did with my vishera chip, is I found that its possible to undervolt quite a lot. I made it to 1.125v at the stock 3.8GHz IIRC. the next voltage step down, I wouldn't POST.

Now, once you find the lowest stable voltage at stock clocks, start your overclock procedure like normal i.e. bump multi once and reboot, doesn't POST or BSOD's then bump voltage one step. My educated guess is that your 4.3GHz will be stable at lower voltage than you are giving it.

I had my vishera at 4.5GHz (crappy air cooler) 1.5v then I had someone on OCN suggest the procedure I outlined above, and ever since then, I am OCCT and Prime 95 stable 4.4GHz at stock 1.35v! my temps are much better now, maxing out at 45c while stress testing and about 43c while gaming.

My other settings include:

LLC high
cool n quiet disabled
turbo disabled
manually setting voltages.

PS I haven't tried overclocking ram yet, but vishera's IMC can handle a rated 1866MHz.

Happy overclocking and good luck!

Edit: after re-reading your OP I see that your 1.344v is very nice!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts