Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys really needa great deal of help ... i want this CPU i love AMD and always have i just think its that price AND performance thing
smile.gif
anyway ... ive heard so so so and i mean so many bad things about this CPU and i was just wondering if it is worth the buy ? i will be gaming, editing and programming lots of rendering ... ect it will need to perform and its being liquid cooled so yeah do i buy and if not why and what is a great alternative ?

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
I would advise that you get the 8120 instead since you are going to put it under water.

The difference between the 8120 and 50 is just binning and shouldn't really affect performance.

Then there's the Intel route... a used 2500k/2600k is pretty nice with games and the power consumption is lower than the AMD's offerings.

• Rep+
Reactions: Woolley

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is it true about the cores turning off due to windows 7? causing the cpu to perform well under how it should on paper ? also i will look into intel but im clueless about them haha ive been AMD forever as i like to save my money on other parts.

Reply in the morning going to bed! thank you for advice and any further advice

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha fair enough again i shall look into all the advice
biggrin.gif
i think im ging to wait for christmas yet ( i know a long time ) as that way i should have £2000 to spend instead, and there will be parts out that these dont compare to. its all a matter of if i want to wait i think with this build.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
wih 2000 euros, you should look into an intel i7 computer. the 8150 is not that bad. It only received bad reviews because it performs lower than expected. Everyone was hyped for the chips and it was underperforming. Go for an i7 3820/3930k CPU if you really need the video processing power

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
*Pounds
wink.gif
and i will see what money i can get together then i guess, and will start to do my research on intel which ive made the mistake of never doing

·
Registered
279 Posts
i edit video and music and my 8120 kicks azz doing it.i cant say how it compres to the intel 2500k since i dont have 1 but both are great cpus.

·
Premium Member
15,112 Posts
I'm quite happy with my 960T @ 4.3 Ghz
yes..I have it clocked to the max..and yes..It's not quite as fast as 2500K @ 5 ghz in some aspects....
..but to me..I like it better
tongue.gif

I swear it's faster @ web surfing and like..doing stuff in control panel
It's a wee bit slower in gaming..but ..man..It's still very good
better than some 2-core Intel..only thing better would be 2500K/3570K
and of course 2600K/3770K
IMO 2700K is irrelevant..as is 2550K

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hahah i bet you like YOUR cpu more than any other right
wink.gif
? haha i really need to goto sleep now ***** night reply tomorrow

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It all comes down to the budget I think ... I mean I could go with something like you or could save for a long time and go over the top ... Which I'm not going to do. I think what I will take from this is I will look way way way deeper into the AMD 8 cores and really learn about intel and get to know what there like

1 - 11 of 11 Posts