Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have purchased and built a system comprising an Amd Fx 8150, Asus Saberrooth 990fx R2, 16gb Corsair Vengeance Ram, 16 Port LSI SAS 9201-16i installed in a Norco 4224 Case. Idle Temps are approaching 40-45C. Any Suggestions for decent Air Coolers to alleviate temps. I am using stock air cooler.

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

Have had most of the equipment for a few months or I would have had an Amd Fx 8350 instead.

I am UK based for clarity.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gosties View Post

I have purchased and built a system comprising an Amd Fx 8150, Asus Saberrooth 990fx R2, 16gb Corsair Vengeance Ram, 16 Port LSI SAS 9201-16i installed in a Norco 4224 Case. Idle Temps are approaching 40-45C. Any Suggestions for decent Air Coolers to alleviate temps. I am using stock air cooler.

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

Have had most of the equipment for a few months or I would have had an Amd Fx 8350 instead.

I am UK based for clarity.
Well the first thing i would say normally is dont take no notice of idle temp because its not accurate until a certain point, BUT your idle of 40-45c is not right even with the stock cooler unless you are overclocked and your vcore is set real high.

Are you overclocked and if so at what settings?
If not you need to remove,re-paste and re-seat that cooler

1 - 3 of 3 Posts