Overclock.net banner

41 - 60 of 8116 Posts

·
Agressive Perfector
Joined
·
1,309 Posts
I'll wait for Piledriver in the hopes that the FX platform has improved by then. These would be good for cheap folders wanting to get -bigadv WUs though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flippy125;15278501
Yeah for the price at Newegg, I got an 8150 with overnight shipping from tiger

Sent from my Sensation using Tapatalk
thanks for saving me some cash! I had no clue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Newegg's cheaper for me. Because I am in FL and Tigerdirect owns the compusa here, tiger is charging me tax.

Now if amazon hurrys up and put it in stock I'll go with them.. it's amazing with all the whining that people are complaining about for this chip and yet it's OOS everywhere!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
727 Posts
I recommend the gigabyte ud3 for anyone upgrading their rigs. Had I stuck with AMD, that would have been my board. Every build I've ever used has been asus, but the reviews on the UD3 are amazing and I've seen it first hand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,636 Posts
Haters gonna hate... I'm ordering my UD7 and FX-8150 later on this week
biggrin.gif
they don't call me amd-dude for nothing
 

·
Overclocker
Joined
·
655 Posts
i'm gonna wait till the prices drop
it's 235 euro and more then 14 days waiting cuz they ain't got it in yet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,229 Posts
I just could not help myself I had to order one
After all the promises and then the lies I just had too
I promised my CH5F I would get him a "Bully-Dozer"
But after the fact it is truly painful and cost $300 to boot
Please forgive me?
Even the people at n....g were making fun as they pack him up

OCN username - Tweeky
CPU - FX-8150
Motherboard - ASUS Crosshair V Formula
ram (X*XGB/speed) - G.skill F3-16000CL7D-4GBFLS [7-8-7-24 @ 2000MHz]
cpu clockspeed - 3.6 to 5
CPUz link - ?

Tweeky/FX-8150/ASUS Crosshair V/G.skill 2*2GB 2000 CL7/5GHz

proof.gif

2046419.png

2048355.png

See Sig
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,863 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitaltpt;15279794
To those who ordered: Could you post some benches with boards other than the Crosshair V. There is a lot of questions flying as to why hardware heaven's review was better than the rest and they used a different board (AsRock) as well as 1866 memory and an AMD GPU (in other words, the full scorpius platform). Just curious.
Yes i would also like to know this
smile.gif
(Not planning on buying Bulldozer just curious)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by capitaltpt
View Post

To those who ordered: Could you post some benches with boards other than the Crosshair V. There is a lot of questions flying as to why hardware heaven's review was better than the rest and they used a different board (AsRock) as well as 1866 memory and an AMD GPU (in other words, the full scorpius platform). Just curious.

Come friday night / saturday, when I have everything and time to put it all together, I'll do some benches. FX8150/ASRock Fatal1ty Pro/2x4 Mushkin blackline 2000.

Oh, and I'm sitting in class right now, and I just got all happy. (see attachment)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,338 Posts
Yea!!!! Bulldozer finally out lol. I may upgrade to the 8150 if it is better than my 1090t. Keep us up to date guys.
smile.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leveldowen;15280276
Come friday night / saturday, when I have everything and time to put it all together, I'll do some benches. FX8150/ASRock Fatal1ty Pro/2x4 Mushkin blackline 2000.

Oh, and I'm sitting in class right now, and I just got all happy. (see attachment)
What time does your order receipt show? Mine was at 8:12 and the Guy at td said they wouldn't be getting another shipment for two weeks

Sent from my Sensation using Tapatalk
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,520 Posts
Can anyone advise If the rumor that BD will fit the non black socket?

It was rumored to fit in the CHIVE, but would love someone to confirm before i went and ordered cause I'm not upgrading my CHIVE yet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flippy125;15280426
What time does your order receipt show? Mine was at 8:12 and the Guy at td said they wouldn't be getting another shipment for two weeks
Sometime around 7:27am EST. Sorry 'bout that. I guess I sniped you.
biggrin.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakn;15280487
Can anyone advise If the rumor that BD will fit the non black socket?

It was rumored to fit in the CHIVE, but would love someone to confirm before i went and ordered cause I'm not upgrading my CHIVE yet
As far as I know, the AM3+ socket has like 1 extra pin compared to the AM3 socket, so the FX chips are not backwards compatible, but the older chips will work on AM3+ boards.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,520 Posts
Yeah that was my understanding but was word that the first release of chips wouldn't have that extra pin...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by JDTreece
View Post

I ordered mine @ 7:10AM
Scheduled for delivery tomorrow.


I couldn't see any point in having the processor overnighted when I still had to wait another day for my mobo and ram, which was stupid expensive to have overnighted form newegg. I guess I'll be a day late to the party.

Quote:


Originally Posted by Freakn
View Post

Yeah that was my understanding but was word that the first release of chips wouldn't have that extra pin...

I haven't heard such a thing, but that doesn't mean anything. And, you're going to have to find some other sucker to sit there and count them once we actually get them.
 
41 - 60 of 8116 Posts
Top