Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,871 Posts
AMD socket 939 may be at the end of the line production wise, by the third quater of '06 but in no ways does it mean the socket configuration is DEAD!.

Hell I am only just upgrading to socket 939 in Jan 06 and that is from socket A.

• Rep+
Reactions: 6600Gt1047

·
Registered
361 Posts
They will definitly be around for that time.When they(intel-amd)launch new products the cpus at the very back of the line get cut before anything else.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xie67

AMD socket 939 may be at the end of the line production wise, by the third quater of '06 but in no ways does it mean the socket configuration is DEAD!.

Hell I am only just upgrading to socket 939 in Jan 06 and that is from socket A.

Yeah im upgrading from socket A too, i just ordered my new rig

But they plan on removing socket 754, not 939, im pretty sure dual-core 939's will stay around until mid 2007, then they will be replaced with Quad-core.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i dont think Quad Core will pick up mainstream until 2009...The Market isnt even near getting off single core yet..only the enthusiasts have Dual core but most market is still with a Pentium 4 socket 478...

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
Lets just put this out there.. Likely by the time you upgrade again both will have new sockets out.. Kinda pointless to think your running yourself into a wall. Its more than enough power for the next 2 years.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 6600Gt1047

im assuming games will run at max settings on 64 bit windows vista?

Haha an ID like 6600GT yet your cards an x850xtpe, owned

If your computer has the power to run vista as fast as it runs xp pro, I have no doubt in my mind that it can run any game out there considering what a resource hog vista really is.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts