Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently I caught wind of a rumor. Of a motherboard that is able to support an AMD processor right next to an INTEL processor. I want some help in looking for this. And quite truthfully I trust my source of information with high respects.

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My source was a 10 year ex - marines hacker. Who is now one of my co-teachers and I've seen the thing but they wont tell me where they got it. Call BS all you want, that's fine with me. I'm just telling you what I've seen and heard. And I was told hints on finding it.

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
heh, the manufacture of so-called board is in high german, I know what the word for motherboard is in German but not Chipset... or dual or processor

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
I doubt it. The board might exist, the hardware might exist, but there will be no software to support it, it'll just be a "look at what we did" sorta thing, like way back when some graphics card company stuck two R420s (X800s) on a single card...

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What type of software would you need? You run your base OS off an Athlon 64 and games off that while you fold on the P4, the information is there, it all works, you may not be able to access your bios from the OS but all would be good. Also I would like to make a point to be wary about using stuff like CPU-Z on boards that are not American or UK...

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Maybe one system can be used at once, but something tells me trying to run AMD and Intel microcode at the same time will cause Windows to throw a fit.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

Maybe one system can be used at once, but something tells me trying to run AMD and Intel microcode at the same time will cause Windows to throw a fit.

lmao, windows will throw a fit at almost anything.
thats microsoft for yas

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Realm_walker

lmao, windows will throw a fit at almost anything.
thats microsoft for yas

A very wise man
It's so true...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts