Votes: 6 54.5%
  • No it would suck

Votes: 5 45.5%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres a random question I thought of, would AMD and Intel, in collaboration make a good CPU or would their opinions on how to make it differ to much and make it a pos?

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jori
Heres a random question I thought of, would AMD and Intel, in collaboration make a good CPU or would their opinions on how to make it differ to much and make it a pos?
What happened to your amd?

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by steveo42024
What happened to your amd?
It was my sisters computer, she had it over at my house for awhile.. Then she decided to go to college and took it back
.. But I get to use my dads comp which, nonetheless is faster and its not a premade.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
We dont really want for AMD and Intel to get together on a project... Prices are bad enough as it is... They need to keep competing so the prices are balanced.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jori
If two companies got together to make a cpu, it's more complicated than letting opinions getting in the way... High ranked people vote on the technologies to be used and they analize every little thing before putting it out..

If AMD and INTEL got together I think they would have to come up with a whole new CPU that wouldnt share techs with the current intels or AMD's. Their current technologies arent designed to work together, so I dont think they could combine the best of the current. top AMD/Intels

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
its AMD + Intel.... Just because AMD owns (lol) doesnt mean the processor would

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Evil is exactly right, competition in the market is what makes things keep changing and getting faster and keeps prices low
He is also right that AMD and Intel's architectures, though similar in the types of code they run, are quite different and aren't in any way compatible. You can't have "AMD's efficiency and Intel's clock speed" because to get high clock speeds you sacrifice efficiency or to get good efficiency you sacrifice clock speed.

·
Premium Member
3,859 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

Evil is exactly right, competition in the market is what makes things keep changing and getting faster and keeps prices low
He is also right that AMD and Intel's architectures, though similar in the types of code they run, are quite different and aren't in any way compatible. You can't have "AMD's efficiency and Intel's clock speed" because to get high clock speeds you sacrifice efficiency or to get good efficiency you sacrifice clock speed.

i never thought about that...different cores and codes

·
Overclocking since 1998
931 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts