Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there was an AMD APU club at all... I searched but couldnt find one (then again I have been drinking...) Although there might not be a huge fan base of APUs, it would be nice to talk to fellow APU owners in case I had questions with overclocking or whatever
thumb.gif
Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by nifatech2120 View Post

Their SHOULD be. i'm rocking a gateway NV75SO2U. it's a AMD A8-3500M + 6620G.. f'ing amazing.
I totally agree!!! If there isnt one, I guess I could make one? How many people do you think have APUs?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well if there are no other clubs already made, I guess I could do that... Not really sure how it works, but I am just guessing I make the name of this thread the official clib, and then thats what it becomes? lol... PS I dont think you could have a chosen a more distracting avatar!
thumb.gif

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

yeah i use it to do that.
While they pay attention to bewbz. i troll em.
Yes "bewbz" are quite nice! Well if there is an interest in an APU club, we should get one going

·
Registered
146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSunRises View Post

Well if there are no other clubs already made, I guess I could do that... Not really sure how it works, but I am just guessing I make the name of this thread the official clib, and then thats what it becomes? lol... PS I dont think you could have a chosen a more distracting avatar!
thumb.gif
Oh yeah! There has got to be an AMD Llano APU club!
cheers.gif

I can't wait to start reading it! I'm planning on building a Llano build too! In fact, it's so friggin' ironic as that what I was
going to search for here on OCN too!
tongue.gif

·
Banned
591 Posts
Well. i'm using Mobile Llano, on the sabine platform.. i can't speak on the desktop permutation.. but i imagine it's punch for the $$$ you pay. is most impressive

·
Registered
146 Posts
Quote:

Well. i'm using Mobile Llano, on the sabine platform.. i can't speak on the desktop permutation.. but i imagine it's punch for the $$$ you pay. is most impressive
Yeah, I'm more impressed with the FM1 MOBO reviews on newegg than the FX reviews. Plus, AMD keeps releasing better APUs
and unlocked A8s.
I want a new laptop too. So it's gonna be a fusion!
thumb.gif

·
Registered
146 Posts
That's a really nice laptop! I hear good reports from a friend about gateway too.
I'll revisit this subject around the time I get my tax return:)

The only thing is, it might be a pinch too big. I'd prefer arounf 15" or so.

·
Banned
591 Posts
Honestly.. i would of liked the 15.6" type.. sure 17.3" is great.. and hard to get at this low price point.. but me being a student... different story..

if you lug your mobile system around alot.. get a 15.6"

Gateway is 'meh' this screen is amazing on this.. but it's HDD is far to slow.. (it's sluggish on load and start up) and it's build quality is a bit flimsy.. but it performrs well. and is solid..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello guys, I am deeply interested on this Llano club! I own one myself and built it from the ground up as a budget gaming computer. Been searching for fellow Llano owners out there and their experience with their overclocking but I find that there's not many out there so maybe this is a good direction that we're heading to.

Here's my rig its worth about $140 got most of them from local deals through craigslist:

AMD A-4 3300
AMD Radeon HD6450 1GB DDR3
MSI A55M-P35
G.SKill Ripjaws 2x 4GB DDR3 1600
Cooler Master GX450W
WD1600AAJS 160GB Sata II HDD

I can pretty much say this is the coolest running CPU build I've built so far and want to push it further to its capable potential but I got no resource or a guide to push it further.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razaille View Post

Hello guys, I am deeply interested on this Llano club! I own one myself and built it from the ground up as a budget gaming computer. Been searching for fellow Llano owners out there and their experience with their overclocking but I find that there's not many out there so maybe this is a good direction that we're heading to.
Here's my rig its worth about $140 got most of them from local deals through craigslist:
AMD A-4 3300
AMD Radeon HD6450 1GB DDR3
MSI A55M-P35
G.SKill Ripjaws 2x 4GB DDR3 1600
Cooler Master GX450W
WD1600AAJS 160GB Sata II HDD
I can pretty much say this is the coolest running CPU build I've built so far and want to push it further to its capable potential but I got no resource or a guide to push it further.
Well when OCing Llano, you will have to increase the FSB since you have a locked APU (I am currently working with an A8-3870K, so I can raise the multi to get a higher clock speed). Its not hard to do, but it will take trial and error. I have never had an MSI board, so I dont know how well they work with OCing. You should be able to push out a few more MHZ tho with a small and safe overclock, and maybe even increase your iGPU by a few MHZ.
thumb.gif
I will get more in depth in a little bit, gotta go to work!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSunRises View Post

Well is there any special way of starting a club?
Special? Of course Fusion is special!
thumb.gif
(I actually think Fusion is more special than Bulldozer, but that's another rant for some time in the future)
Anyway, I'd get an idea of how the other Owner/Official/clubs work by duplicating the format of how they started.
Logical Captain?

Good luck!!!!!!!!!
sonic.gif

1 - 20 of 125 Posts