Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
64,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like its here..The Good old price cuts :

Quote:

UPDATED This article below was originally published on the 30th but we withdrew it waiting for further information.
Our channel sources now tell us AMD is giving "instant rebates" on a number of its processors, and it's hoping to ramp up supply of X2s by the middle of December. The rebates, which apply mostingly to 939 processors, amount to price cuts of between $10 and $20.

But there are also rebates on X2 processors and X2 processors plus EE. We believe AMD left its "updated" 30 November price list to avoid having to concede it is in a bitter price war with Intel. The original story is below.

THE PRICE WAR between Intel and AMD has made the smaller chip company react by slashing costs several weeks before it intended to.

The firm announced price cuts today in what must be a reaction to Intel's continued ability to set the pace on product introductions and on pricing.

The move reflects price wars of yesteryear but according to the most recent Intel roadmaps we've seen, it intends to keep prices steady as it continues to ramp its 65 nanometre process.

The new pricing details have just appeared on AMD's web site, here.

More worryingly for AMD, sources close to its channel partners tell the INQ there are still problems on allocation which aren't making them happy bunnies. Yesterday AMD's share price fell by over 50 cents on rumours of the move

All here :http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=36076

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Haha, the X2, when they came out everyone was getting them, now there nowhere.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE1701 View Post
Production is very slow but will stop at XMAS or after.
good to hear, this lett me know that i need to buy one fast (and a good one
)

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
The 939's are going to stop being produced this Xmas, then the 754's in July (only big customer's can order them now) , and then AM2 will be the only "official" amd socket!

·
Premium Member
5,282 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PaRaDoX View Post
When something as hot as the X2's are not in production they sell the last of the stock quite fast.
It seems that (and not just from theInq) X2'S are selling out due to low supply rather than high demand. The PS3 sold out too...

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected]
View Post

The 939's are going to stop being produced this Xmas, then the 754's in July (only big customer's can order them now) , and then AM2 will be the only "official" amd socket!

Does this mean no more 939 will be found after Xmas?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firefly
View Post

Does this mean no more 939 will be found after Xmas?

Ebay? Some suppliers will still have them lying around. Just because they aren't being produced doesn't mean they aren't around.

·
Premium Member
19,078 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mudd
View Post

its already cheap =/

When I saw the "emergency" I was thinking like 30-50%, I got disapointed

1 - 20 of 21 Posts