Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
supossidly many of hardware reviews say there making a 57 newer that 55 it's said stock speed at 2.8 Ghz other than 2.6 even tho possible to overclock the 57 will raise the bar in high end gaming standards

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
Thats right.... Currently, there is the following AMD FX chips....

FX-51 - runs at 2.2Ghz
FX-53 - runs at 2.4Ghz
FX-55 - runs at 2.6GHz (out in approx 3 weeks)
FX-57 - runs at 2.8Ghz (out in approx 6 months)

My insider source says there will not be a FX-59 because AMD are working on Dual-Core CPU's that will be starting at 2.6Ghz. And there are going to be based on the 939 & 940 sockets (939 for Desktops & 940 for servers). The release dates are not confirmed but they might be out in late Q2 2005.

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
So I guess it would be safe to say buy a really good s939 board now so I'm ready for later? Or would it be better to just wait until everything comes out and get a board that supports a Dual core CPU?

·
Banned
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The fx-55 is already available ^^^^!

im going amd for now on on my comp im gonna build

I cant oc my frekin dell lol only my gpu

·
Banned
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by aznchowboy650

change your sign to an amd then lol plus u better had research before you buy your parts man when i talk to u on aim u don't even seem to have done enough research

IM gonna get a amd abit mobo a 64 3400 ocz pc 4200 ddrsdram and a 6800 gt or ultra and sound blaster and a 550 antec or enermax. cr-rw dvd rom and um thats it for now o maybe a case with a glass window

1 - 9 of 9 Posts