Overclock.net banner

1581 - 1600 of 1902 Posts

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojara View Post

Scaled linearly, about 1472*2,8/3,5 = 1 178 in Cinebench R15 and 24524*2,8/3,5 = 19 620 knodes/s in Fritz. About a percent below and 11% above above alleged Zen results.
I figured as much but I would like to see the actual CPU in that freq. Earlier in this thread I had doubt this result comes from a Ryzen because CPU ID did not match any older AMD processors. Now I believe it is one of the ES units we have see floating around. As a matter of fact the last characters here...

..appear to be 31_N (the underscore is presumed). Which means it is a 3.1GHz sample. Then again it might be a 34 or a 24. Or simply forged. If 31 is the case,this puts its throughput for CB roughly at ivy bridge levels.Which would be perfectly acceptable (especially since CB is heavily Intel sponsored and biased ,I would not expect AMD to get nearly as good SMT scaling as intel here) if it wasn't for that Fritz result. A Ryzen 3.1GHz at 17693 might be passable depending on what 6900k scores at what turbo frequency. A [email protected] dishing that score would be rather bad though. Then again I haven't got much insight on Fritz bench nuances.

·
*cough*Stock*cough*
3,103 Posts
Is this the point where I post my Cinebench R15 score and do a run of Fritz for comparison?

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrious View Post

Is this the point where I post my Cinebench R15 score and do a run of Fritz for comparison?
Please mention the actual turbo frequencies while running these.I will add my own Xeon scores at some point tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
Massive chance that isn't even Zen in the new "leaked" benchmarks, probably an old Xeon, old AMD chip or a downclocked x99 chip. Take those "leaks" with this little bit of salt.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Let's speculate on fake/unconfirmed leaks
biggrin.gif

If it's running the test at 3.4GHz, then at 4GHz it gets 1400, which is really what i was expecting from a 40% IPC increase over excavator.
If that score is at <3.1GHz then 4GHz will get 1530+, which...wow
Since cinebench is usually the worst-case scenario for amd this looks fine to me.

Also, faster ram improves scores in cinebench.

·
*cough*Stock*cough*
3,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuivamaa View Post

Please mention the actual turbo frequencies while running these.I will add my own Xeon scores at some point tomorrow.
My chip is more or less locked to 3.3ghz. It wont go faster, and it wont slow down. I think it has something to do with how screwy my CPU/Board combo is. Ram is set to 1600, 9-9-9-28.

Anyways, Cinebench R15 right here

I'll post Fritz here shortly.

EDIT: Fritz

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello, I'm new here. I come here to just clarify the screenshot of cinebenchR15 and Fritzchess of Zen. This forum registration makes me headache that verification code doesn't display that I can't resigter for quite a while.
wth.gif

Both CBR15 and fritzchess screenshot are from Chinese forum Baidu, the original thread has been deleted for unknown reason. Most likely deleted by poster. I asked my friends which read that thread before got deleted on that forum, they said poster would 'post more bench' after a little while, but then thread deleted and poster disapeear. This poster hold a shop on chinese online shop Taobao and sell rigs, this is suspicious that a little ordinary trader could have final silicon or even ES.

As you can see he has no CPU-Z screenshot, CBR15 and fritzchess score looks quite suspicious and looks seems to not from a same CPU or even same rig. Afer I talked to my friends and went over on that forum, we decided to regard these screenshot as a fake. very likely to be a fake. And that poster has reasonable intent to make a fake to help selling his toy at his shop.

You can ask some question here but I'm not sure I can give reasonable answer to you. I'm here to try my best to break language barrier between world and Chinese. Thanks a lot.
thumb.gif

Please don't trust any thing from Baidu, there's so many troll thread and wrong information on that forum.

·
Newb to Overclock.net
4,526 Posts
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

So the original guy was trying to sell an I7-6900K. It all makes sense now.

·
Premium Member
10,167 Posts
Anyone have a link to that fritz download?

·
Premium Member
10,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CortexA99 View Post

Hello, I'm new here. I come here to just clarify the screenshot of cinebenchR15 and Fritzchess of Zen. This forum registration makes me headache that verification code doesn't display that I can't resigter for quite a while.
wth.gif

Both CBR15 and fritzchess screenshot are from Chinese forum Baidu, the original thread has been deleted for unknown reason. Most likely deleted by poster. I asked my friends which read that thread before got deleted on that forum, they said poster would 'post more bench' after a little while, but then thread deleted and poster disapeear. This poster hold a shop on chinese online shop Taobao and sell rigs, this is suspicious that a little ordinary trader could have final silicon or even ES.

As you can see he has no CPU-Z screenshot, CBR15 and fritzchess score looks quite suspicious and looks seems to not from a same CPU or even same rig. Afer I talked to my friends and went over on that forum, we decided to regard these screenshot as a fake. very likely to be a fake. And that poster has reasonable intent to make a fake to help selling his toy at his shop.

You can ask some question here but I'm sure I can give reasonable answer to you. I'm here to try my best to break language barrier between world and Chinese. Thanks a lot.
thumb.gif

Please don't trust any thing from Baidu, there's so many troll thread and wrong information on that forum.
Thanks for signing up and providing this info.
smile.gif
+rep

·
*cough*Stock*cough*
3,103 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: cssorkinman

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Quote:

wth.gif

You can ask some question here but I'm not sure I can give reasonable answer to you. I'm here to try my best to break language barrier between world and Chinese. Thanks a lot.
thumb.gif

Don't sweat the language barrier, man. English is an incredibly hard language to learn since many of the words and a great deal of the grammar structure come from a dead language (Old Norse). I don't think anybody is confused by what you're saying, so your mission is accomplished.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouacyk View Post

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

So the original guy was trying to sell an I7-6900K. It all makes sense now.
Haha. I don't know whether that guy has 6900k selling or not. But what I doubt is such these guys that hold shop online is very unlikely to have any new thing from AMD. unlike intel side, before kabylake announced there's already so many traders on Taobao having i7 7700k and i5 7600k for sell.

If I remember correctly. there was very very few(almost none) new AMD CPU (retail or eng-sample) that leaked from chinese forum first, since bulldozer leak from chinese nearly half a year ahead of bulldozer released. I guess AMD think it's a disaster to hold eng-sample widely test in china, because those guys like breaking NDA and leaking. LOL.

by the way I would share Gigabyte X370 to you which is leaked from baidu.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrwulf View Post

Don't sweat the language barrier, man. English is an incredibly hard language to learn since many of the words and a great deal of the grammar structure come from a dead language (Old Norse). I don't think anybody is confused by what you're saying, so your mission is accomplished.
Thanks! But so many Chinese don't understand English. so it's my mission to share correct information and eliminate misunderstanding here.
biggrin.gif

·
Newb to Overclock.net
4,526 Posts
Quote:

Thanks! But so many Chinese don't understand English. so it's my mission to share correct information and eliminate misunderstanding here.
biggrin.gif
Thank you. Does your sharing come with salt?

·
Premium Member
10,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouacyk View Post

Thank you. Does your sharing come with salt?
LOL, testing the language barrier already ic.

·
Old and Crochity
5,266 Posts
Quote:

wth.gif

thumb.gif

Thank you for sharing information with us. Your English is better than our Chinese! Thank you for coming here! +rep

·
Simpleton
1,894 Posts
Quote:

Haha. I don't know whether that guy has 6900k selling or not. But what I doubt is such these guys that hold shop online is very unlikely to have any new thing from AMD. unlike intel side, before kabylake announced there's already so many traders on Taobao having i7 7700k and i5 7600k for sell.

If I remember correctly. there was very very few(almost none) new AMD CPU (retail or eng-sample) that leaked from chinese forum first, since bulldozer leak from chinese nearly half a year ahead bulldozer released. I guess AMD think it's a disaster to hold eng-sample wildly test in china, because those guys like break NDA and leaking. LOL.

by the way I would share Gigabyte X370 to you which is leaked from baidu.

Hdmi, hmmm there's onboard gpu on x370 chipset ? or cpu ?

·
Stock *ahem*
6,382 Posts
It sounds like the WCCF leak is very speculative at best and may be outright misleading at worst.

I realize AMD has been burned badly by the Bulldozer release, but I really do wish there were some early-release engineering samples they could have independently tested to give us a feel for how the CPUs will compare in real-world situations.

If Zen can trade blows with a 6600K, I think they are in business to score a radical upset in the computing industry and present a viable alternative upgrade path from people using i5 and i7 4xxx parts still.

·
Overclocking Enthusiast
6,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightDee8D View Post

Hdmi, hmmm there's onboard gpu on x370 chipset ? or cpu ?
AM4 will also support APU's not just ZEN. Basically just ports that won't be used when using zen. Like putting an Athlon on an FM2+. I kinda want an zen opteron.
:wubsmiley

1581 - 1600 of 1902 Posts