Overclock.net banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 91 of 91 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sccr64472

I've never seen a single one stating that Intel holds an edge in encoding. Have you?

There are none so blind as those who will not see... Except for those who see but will not admit. You are a party of the second part and it is totally useless to argue with one such as you.
Thus I am a party to your useless argument. Shame on me!

At least the people who actually see both sides are in the majority and you are in the minority.

You do not investiage enough or throw out any investigation that does not support your vain hypothesis. I admit Intel does not win even multi-media encoding across the board. You however, state that AMD Dual core wins any/all tests ever made. As I said before, such a post is idiocy.

R

Here it comes!

Well I think waiting for the Conroe or the AM2 would be foolish. Unless you absolutely have to have the latest and greatest and have the $$$ to back it up. Otherwise, since your in the AMD section of the forums and I currently use one and enjoy it, my vote is for AMD. Mostly becuase for multi-tasking especially, you can get SERVER QUALITY processors (read - Opteron) for essentially the same price as the Desktop processors. And I vote AMD also becuase the ORIGINAL POSTER never specified what he was going to use his PC for. IMO (the O is for Opinion), AMD is better as an OVERALL processor.

As for the AMD vs Intel skirmish/conflict that has erupted here (no one declared war
), you both have you valid points. Sccr's last bench posts did not include the 9xx series of Intel, this is true. At the same time, the ORIGINAL POSTER never mentioned encoding or any type of specific PC use for that matter, so the point of the arguement is relatively moot. Also, Snappiness and Response time when task-switching, multi-tasking, and even general single core use, can be attributed to RAM, HDD access time and fregmentation, spyware/malware and other OS clutter such as many programs that are rarely/never used. I would say probably 50% of it at least. It is hard to say that 1 processor is "snappier" than another unless they are both fresh installs with hardware thats as identical as possible, and then you probably couldnt tell the difference between the two. Hardware alone doesn't always account for 100% of the performance values, and is the reason reviews and benchmarks are done on 100% clean, fresh installs with 0 extra clutter.

I think we should try and keep it friendly here, since this site is 90% about helping people, and you BOTH do a lot of that and are very smart and informative. Can't we all just get along?

PS. Since the Original poster hasn't returned since Page 1, I think it's getting close to closing time

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenutty1

Here it comes!
Sccr's last bench posts did not include the 9xx series of Intel

This is what happens when one looks for benchmarks that support one's claims and bypasses (as he googled) the ones that do not support his claims.

R

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ropey

There are none so blind as those who will not see... Except for those who see but will not admit. You are a party of the second part and it is totally useless to argue with one such as you.

R

Sorry, was your argument the overclocked processors you cut and pasted earlier? Add up the 3 tasks performed by each processor and show me the "domination" there. To save you time, the AMD performs them faster. Wouldn't you say that is a performance edge in encoding? I mean, all 3 of those tasks WERE encoding,weren't they?

Btw, save the googled quotes, you've run those into the ground.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sccr64472

Btw, save the googled quotes, you've run those into the ground.

Only one quote and it fits you so well though. You do know the difference between a single and multiple? You exaggerate even on how many quotes there are so it is no stretch to see your posts as exaggerations as well. I don't have to show domination. You have to as you said AMD Dualies win "ACROSS THE BOARD" while I said "In Certain".

Pitiful really.

R

I have to chime in here and say that after my research I chose the AMD X2 4600+ because of performance and price. Every comparable benchmark I saw AMD beat INTEL because of the integrate memory controller. INTEL's Conroe will be great, but is not ready for primetime (yet) and unless you wait and are willing to buy cutting edge, you need to consider the $$$ and desired performance. By then AMD will have something out in the AM2 arene.

My 2 cents... 8^)

Quote:

This is what happens when one looks for benchmarks that support one's claims and bypasses (as he googled) the ones that do not support his claims.

R

I'm pretty sure that wasn't his intent, I think it was probably something that was overlooked as he grabbed the first 4-5 reviews, and they happened to be somewhat outdated. It could have just as easily been you or I, given the pace of the posting that was occuring at the time. It is within the realm of possibility that he could have made a mistake. The real point is that encoding has virtually nothing to do with the original post and at this time is just fanning the flames. I think everyone here needs to let it go. This has turned into one of the most useless and futile posts in terms of helpfulness to the original poster. It should be a perfect example of what not to do when a person is looking for helpful information.

Good Day. Seacrest OUT!

Quote:

I think it was probably something that was overlooked as he grabbed the first 4-5 reviews, and they happened to be somewhat outdated.

Indeed!

Quote:

I think everyone here needs to let it go. This has turned into one of the most useless and futile posts in terms of helpfulness to the original poster. It should be a perfect example of what not to do when a person is looking for helpful information.

Good Day. Seacrest OUT!

You have it right.

Quote:

R

How can 4 random links from a search engine shown in full be "bypassing" the ones that don't support my claim? If you doubt the random statement, look at the last link. It doesn't even include an AMD dual core processor. I was looking for accurate assessments, not cutting and pasting a few OC'd graphs. You're boring me with your technique of dodging the issue and trying to be condescending as you change the focus of the discussion. I'm through discussing this with you because you refuse to stay on topic. You've changed your focus many,many times.

PS it's spelled "intelligent".

Quote:

Only one quote and it fits you so well though. You do know the difference between a single and multiple? You exaggerate even on how many quotes there are so it is no stretch to see your posts as exaggerations as well. I don't have to show domination. You have to as you said AMD Dualies win "ACROSS THE BOARD" while I said "In Certain".

Pitiful really.

R

You're beyond the point of childish now. One quote? You've posted 3 in the last few days just in the few threads that I've seen. Would you like links or is your memory better than you've lead on? Btw, the one you used on me last time is the same one you included here. Memory coming back? :withstupi

81 - 91 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.