Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just built the new rig in my sig, but any time I try and start AMD Overdrive, the screen goes black and my PC crashes and reboots.

I've tried the following:
Stock Clocks
Clean Windows Install
Safe Mode Driver Removal/Reinstall
Reinstalling Overdrive
Catalyst 13.11/13.12/14.1
Latest motherboard BIOS

The issue is the same after trying all of the above, and the computer is running perfectly fine, ran OCCT at stock clocks and overclocked, and it's stable, and performance is where it should be.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoid.srg View Post

uninstall, reboot into BIOS/UEFI and do things right.
Actually, I'm overclocked via the BIOS, right now AMD Overdrive is the only way to accurately read temps for the 7850K.

But yeah, I appreciate your input.

·
Banned
6,565 Posts
You might have unintentionally set some wrong overclock options for your gpu in overdrive, that it loads up every time you start, I guess.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtcn77 View Post

You might have unintentionally set some wrong overclock options for your gpu in overdrive, that it loads up every time you start, I guess.
I've never been able to run Overdrive successfully, and the issue occurs on a clean Windows install.

My GPU is at stock clocks too.

·
Banned
6,565 Posts
I like Sapphire brand AMD cards as long as they are "reference" design. Custom ones have become infamous for low spec resistor componentry, unfortunately. Maybe voltage stepping table is unoptimal for the card, MSI afterburner does mess the 2D clock voltage settings when you change 3d voltages.
I know for certain that when in company of AMD graphics if you start two voltage regulatiory softwares concurrently, you are in for a system reset.
thumb.gif
Better not to overkill the settings.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtcn77 View Post

I like Sapphire brand AMD cards as long as they are "reference" design. Custom ones have become infamous for low spec resistor componentry, unfortunately. Maybe voltage stepping table is unoptimal for the card, MSI afterburner does mess the 2D clock voltage settings when you change 3d voltages.
I know for certain that when in company of AMD graphics if you start two voltage regulatiory softwares concurrently, you are in for a system reset.
thumb.gif
Better not to overkill the settings.
Not running any other software, and it's a reference design card.

·
OG AMD
8,927 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, on the very latest, and tried with three different drivers, and tried installing the chipset drivers for my motherboard.

It's kind of annoying. I wouldn't care, if I knew I was getting accurate temp readings in other software.

·
Banned
6,565 Posts
You could try monitoring via Asus AI suite as well. I cannot understand why this is such a big deal, personally.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts