Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DualCore AMD Phenom II X2 Black Edition 555, 3200 MHz (16 x 200)
ASRock M3A770DE (3 PCI, 1 PCI-E x1, 2 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR3 DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN)
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 (1024 Mb)
4096 Mb (DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM)
BIOS AMI (08/25/11)

Hi,yesterday i saw an article about possibility in unlocking 2 more cores on my cpu so i decided to try it.I red many articles about it but it doesnt work(after turning on ACC option(with different settings i tried) screen doesnt work,only case.im looking for some guide step by step how to unlock cores on my pc

·
OG AMD
8,952 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have red this before.About increasing vcore - when should i stop increasing voltage? i have a different voltages than in the guide,though.
Did you incrementally increase Vcore from 1.325 to 1.4v?(i have 1.450 from begining,so
Did you incrementally increase Vcpu-nb from 1.2 to 1.35v after trying to increase Vcore?

·
Car cheaper than computer
3,049 Posts
Enable hybrid EC firmware or something along those lines if there is an option for it. As for Vcore? My approach on aftermarket cooling is to try the highest safe voltages and if it works, drop them till it doesn't run stable. Disclaimer: I'm not kind to my hardware even if Wrath is 5 years old except for a drive and a GPU (Wrath has 12,000 hours on the drive that I've used as a boot drive since day 1, that should give you an idea of how much I expect to get out of computer hardware.)

·
OG AMD
8,952 Posts
That's the thing with unlocking, can be different on different motherboards,etc. Might also try lowering the HTT link to around 1600Mhz(stock is 2000) I have heard some say that helps. My experience is if it doesn't boot with a little voltage it does not usually ever unlock,except maybe with a different mobo.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I built a friend a rig using this cpu in the hopes of unlocking it but was never successful, ended up returning it for a x4 810.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts