Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·

13,000 Posts
If it's the same price as the x2 555, then yeah it's worth it.

• Rep+
Reactions: dixson01974

·
Premium Member
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrTOOSHORT View Post
If it's the same price as the x2 555, then yeah it's worth it.
$13USD higher then the 555 at frys and about $23USD higher on the egg. So is it worth checking out?

·

13,000 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dixson01974 View Post
$13USD higher then the 555 at frys and about $23USD higher on the egg. So is it worth checking out?
I'm sure it's just like the 955 vs 965 c3's comparisons. Get the cheapest one you can.

Myself would always get the higher clocked chip for more money hoping at a higher chance of a better binned cpu.

·
Premium Member
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx guys. I'm order 2 for the h*** of it. As soon as I get them in I will post the ocing and any unlocking that I can get.

·
Bowser Has Ryzen!!
4,737 Posts
Lol, I woulda got the 560, but the 555 was just 79.95 at the time.

·
Premium Member
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuckclc View Post
Lol, I woulda got the 560, but the 555 was just 79.95 at the time.
I bought them because I like checking out new stuff and plus I have the money to goof off with some new play toys.

·
Bowser Has Ryzen!!
4,737 Posts
Quote:
I bought them because I like checking out new stuff and plus I have the money to goof off with some new play toys.
Sounds like good enough reason to me. Let us know what you find!

·
Premium Member
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Sounds like good enough reason to me. Let us know what you find!
I will post everything I can get from these 2 cpu. I overnight shipped them to try to get my new toys as quick as I can.
I have an extra ASUS M4A89TD PRO, Noctua NH-D14 and memory waiting for these cpu to test on.

·
Premium Member
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1337LutZ View Post
Give us some benchies when you got them
=D
What bench test would you like to see?

·
Bowser Has Ryzen!!
4,737 Posts
Quote:
i would like to know if they unlock.
That is my main concern, cuz most of the 555's dont unlock right now

·
Premium Member
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Originally Posted by smartasien View Post
i would like to know if they unlock.
I will post it if I can unlock them or not.

Quote:

That is my main concern, cuz most of the 555's dont unlock right now
Most of the 555 I tested I could unlock only one extra core. Like the one sitting on my desk. I unlock it to 3 core and at 4.0ghz.

·
Bowser Has Ryzen!!
4,737 Posts
Quote:
Most of the 555 I tested I could unlock only one extra core. Like the one sitting on my desk. I unlock it to 3 core and at 4.0ghz
Same here. I can get 3 cores unlocked but not 4. Then sometimes I have problems getting 3 unlocked if I go back to 2 cuz I have to unlock 4 first at least into BIOS then lock one to 3.

·
Premium Member
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

Same here. I can get 3 cores unlocked but not 4. Then sometimes I have problems getting 3 unlocked if I go back to 2 cuz I have to unlock 4 first at least into BIOS then lock one to 3.
I glad that I can unlock any of the cores in the bios before I reboot. When I finish testing these cpu I may sell/trade one here, so keep an eye out for it.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
The unlock on my 550 is weird. It can only unlock to 3 cores, but randomly changes between 3rd and 4th core being unlocked, which leads me to believe it should be a quad... Oh well, its sold now, back to my 1055t!

·
Registered
780 Posts
im going to be buying one of these alongside the 960 black edition. i decided a 100mhz higher clock is worth the $15 and change extra.

dixson01974 if you get it before i do please let us know how it works out for you. im hoping its a hell of alot better than my 550. i cant overclock past 3900 without geting bsod no matter how much voltage i push. 300x13 is as high as i have been able to get stable and thats pushing 1.375V

1 - 20 of 21 Posts