Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

im trying to get max oc for best stable ( well preformace)

amd Phenom ii x4 c3 955 Black edition Running at [email protected] cpu voltage temps ( 63 ) ( if poseble to increase the 4040 wud be great) ( seems it used to run 20 intels burns now 3 months later it cant run 5 = / )

i got ddr3 ram ocz amd Black edition its supose to run 1.6 but it whas running 1.0 and needed to use an profile in amd overdrive wich whasnt aviable for me for some add reason (bug) anyway needed o do it manual wich cause instable ram - ddrs 1600 @ 8-8-8-24 timing ( 2 sticks of 2g)

i got an msi 890FXA-GD70 motherboard

when i try to overclock my Northbidge it giefs me almost always an Big increase in temp on my cpu wish is going over 65C in intelburn
to its tricky

Coolermaster Sniper Black case ( great airflow around 4 fans as big as ur hand :3)

coolermaster gx 750W psu

And Coolermaster v10 For the cpu (cpu cooler)

got an Asus engts 1g 250 but dont realy need much oc on this because i pref cpu ans nb because planning buying new gfx card anyway

hope u can help me ^^ since i ofc dont want to kill my pc :<

·
The Computer Guy
6,490 Posts
try putting mem volts to 1.65 and if still not stable bump it up a little.mine is running at 1.72

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
1.44V and 63'C seems high. Try reseat your cooler or lower your OC
OCing NB(CPU/NB) will raise your CPU temp since CPU/NB is part of your CPU.

·
Registered
794 Posts
damn, 1.44v 4040mhz??? thats amazing... mine wouldnt get that high without 1.55v... If you can go that high with so low voltages than you could prolly hit 4.5ghz... tho im suprised you're getting 63c with a v10 at 1.44v... mine is at 1.55v and my frio kepps it down at 54c load... like Iosefini said, try reseating your cpu, those temps aren't normal...

·
Premium Member
6,048 Posts
62C is the maximum safe temp for the 955, and like IOSEFINI said 1.44v and 63C seems too high for your heatsink. Try re-seating it and try to get your temps down into the mid to high 50's maximum, don't let your temps get into the 60's.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joell28 View Post
it only get 63-65 When doing Max tress test ( intelburn) wich is realy heavy

i dont go higher then 53C normal but you guys sure its high? ifso i go direct buy new paste and reseat it asap

http://products.amd.com/en-us/Deskto...f10=&f11=&f12=

I'd try and stay below 62C.

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Quote:

it only get 63-65 When doing Max tress test ( intelburn) wich is realy heavy

i dont go higher then 53C normal but you guys sure its high? ifso i go direct buy new paste and reseat it asap
Be careful with the paste. There are a lot of low quality stuff.
I would run P95-blend since IBT will not stress your CPU/NB

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Quote:

well its an stress test it only last like 10min on 63C asfar i know it doesnt do much only when 24/7 on 62c will dmg it
10 min stress test is nothing.

·
Registered
513 Posts
u don't need a bump a thread every 30 minutes.....

normally i would say to stress test more as IOSEFINI is right, a 10 minute stress test is NOTHING but... if u were getting 63 in IBT for 10 minutes, i'm hesitant in saying to try running prime blend for at least 8 hours as i'm worried about your temps. Also, you really need to make sure your cpu is stable at your speed first b4 messing with the NB/RAM...

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Quote:

well its 20min ibt but they say 20min is same as 8 hours prime but y first il reseat my cooler becasue oc
dont believe everything. advertising. P95-blend is the best in my opinion, but you have to run it a longer period of time. I was able to pass 50 runs of IBT with max memory, but prime faild in less than 2 min, using half of the amount of memory. My CPU/NB was unstable.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.