Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AmD PHENOM II X6 vS CORE i5
Can u PlS help me deciding on which processor to buy.
i Will mainly do MULTITASKING & AUDIO/VIDEO ENCODING.
& WILL pLAY few games, but my main task is MULTITASKING & ENCODING.
So which of this Processor will be g00d f0R me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,847 Posts
for multitasking x6 is for you
 

·
I'm NOT new to Overclock
Joined
·
11,138 Posts
x6 hands down because of the extra cores. The thing about these two is the i5 will win for gaming, but encoding applications can take advantage of the extra cores.

Sad but true (a lil' fanboism there), the x6 will win.

Comps

EDIT - WTH does multitasking have to do with anything? The encoding is the deal breaker for the i5
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,119 Posts
I too will recommend the x6 for your stated usage, may I also recommend a new keyboard, it seems your shift or caps lock key is broken
 

·
I'm NOT new to Overclock
Joined
·
11,138 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPriest View Post
I too will recommend the x6 for your stated usage, may I also recommend a new keyboard, it seems your shift or caps lock key is broken
Ahhahahahaha

That made me laugh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,451 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by TheLastPriest
View Post

may I also recommend a new keyboard, it seems your shift or caps lock key is broken

lmao

I have to agree with these two. The x6 has served me well for everything I need it for. While the i5 trumps it in most gaming benchmarks, games that can actually take advantage of the two extra cores will run better on the x6. Far and few between I know but they are out there.
 

·
Man with Fans
Joined
·
7,746 Posts
The X6 will suit you better.

Also, get a new keyboard, or learn to type properly.

'Good' is spelt as G-O-O-D and not G (zero) (zero) D.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:


Originally Posted by TheLastPriest
View Post

I too will recommend the x6 for your stated usage, may I also recommend a new keyboard, it seems your shift or caps lock key is broken

No ..... your guessing is absolutely wrong.
i dont have a PC i m accessing this site from my mobile.
So u see sometimes mistakes happen.

& i know X6 is better but as i have read on few sites that i5 easily outperforms X6 in games & in few apps also.
so im confused
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,119 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by dharmil007
View Post

AmD PHENOM II X6 vS CORE i5
Can u PlS help me deciding on which processor to buy.
i Will mainly do MULTITASKING & AUDIO/VIDEO ENCODING.& WILL pLAY few games, but my main task is MULTITASKING & ENCODING.
So which of this Processor will be g00d f0R me


Quote:


Originally Posted by dharmil007
View Post

No ..... your guessing is absolutely wrong.
i dont have a PC i m accessing this site from my mobile.
So u see sometimes mistakes happen.


Quote:


Originally Posted by your sig rig

System: old pc {NEW CUMING s00n}

I have no desire to beat a dead horse, I was going to have a laugh and be done but since rather than laugh about the attempt at l337 speak (or whatever it was) you try to call me out as being incorrect I will say this. It’s not your mobile keyboard, accidents don’t have patterns. The double zero's instead of "O"'s every time there are double (even repeated in your sig rig title) and sometimes on singles, the "U" instead of an "O" in the word "coming", the alternating capitalization. On top of everything else, the post to explain that they are all mistakes didn’t have any mistakes save for a space bar mishap so it didnt even support your claim while trying to defend it.

 

·
semi-legit
Joined
·
7,980 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by compuman145
View Post

x6 hands down because of the extra cores. The thing about these two is the i5 will win for gaming, but encoding applications can take advantage of the extra cores.

Sad but true (a lil' fanboism there), the x6 will win.

Comps

EDIT - WTH does multitasking have to do with anything? The encoding is the deal breaker for the i5

Bingo. +1 for the X6

Quote:


Originally Posted by TheLastPriest
View Post

I have no desire to beat a dead horse...

Nothing for nothing, but you are. Just move on dude (we know)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
751 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by dharmil007
View Post

& i know X6 is better but as i have read on few sites that i5 easily outperforms X6 in games & in few apps also.
so im confused

What are you confused about? i5 is better at gaming, x6 is better at encoding. One won't beat the other in everything. Also, change the name of your sig rig. Your misspelling of "coming" meaning something completely different.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,119 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by dharmil007
View Post

AmD PHENOM II X6 vS CORE i5
Can u PlS help me deciding on which processor to buy.
i Will mainly do MULTITASKING & AUDIO/VIDEO ENCODING.
& WILL pLAY few games, but my main task is MULTITASKING & ENCODING.
So which of this Processor will be g00d f0R me


Quote:


Originally Posted by candy_van
View Post

Bingo. +1 for the X6

Nothing for nothing, but you are. Just move on dude (we know)


Thanks, moving on
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top