Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone can give me assistance because I hit a wall and I've been building computers here and there my entire life.

I just assembled my PC today and the computer will start and I have access to BIOS but once I try to insert a Vista, XP or Ubuntu CD when I try to start the install the computer will just stop or restart itself. So basically for vista CD it will go to "loading vista install" and the bar will load then it will stop right there.

Here's what I have:

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8GHz 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT55TFBGRBOX

MSI NF750-G55 AM3 NVIDIA nForce 750a SLI HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model TW3X4G1333C9A G

500GB SATA Drive, CoolerMaster 500W Power Supply

Did I mess up on the memory selection? I'm pretty sure I wired everything correctly. The only thing I can think of is i picked the wrong memory to work with the AMD X6.

Any help appreciated. Thanks!!

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
is it a real unpirated vista,xp cd?
did you use spacers under your mobo? just curious i made this fault but it would bootup, i just was lucky..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I used XP, Vista and Ubuntu. The system would freeze/stop as soon as I tried to start an install so I'm not sure why pirated/legit would apply here.

As for spacers....no didn't use any spacers. Just screwed the mobo into the case.

Any BIOS settings I should adjust? I'm using the "default optimized" settings.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuerrillaRaider View Post
Well I used XP, Vista and Ubuntu. The system would freeze/stop as soon as I tried to start an install so I'm not sure why pirated/legit would apply here.

As for spacers....no didn't use any spacers. Just screwed the mobo into the case.

Any BIOS settings I should adjust? I'm using the "default optimized" settings.
owyy

okay soo, do you have any mobo spacers? Also sometimes pirated copys of an os can be corrupted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I don't. But I guess I'll go buy some and put some in now.

As for the install disks, was I supposed to get 64bit install versions? Is that maybe why the install doesn't work? The install disks I'm using are years old.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuerrillaRaider View Post
No I don't. But I guess I'll go buy some and put some in now.

As for the install disks, was I supposed to get 64bit install versions? Is that maybe why the install doesn't work? The install disks I'm using are years old.
you can use the 32bit version, but i think it'll only read like 3 gigs, so i'd use the 64bit to take full advantage of the 4gigs.

You should try to get some new discs

·
Registered
129 Posts
I was fixing a freinds laptop other day and exact same thing was happening to that.

I had the pre - knowledge that the hdd on said laptop was failing though, so badly that i sturggled to boot into dos to run chkdsk and other stuff. But anyway, everything that didnt involve using the hdd worked fine like bios stuff, post checks and even mem test, all a clean bill of tests.

So i decided to try and install an OS to see if it would go onto any remaining good ares of the hdd, it didnt, and ... it did just what you are describing.

So if everything else is fine on your comp and it only starts to act up when it begins to access the hdd could be a loose sata cable maybe ? . or maybe hdd could be damaged already ?

·
Registered
303 Posts
could be broken/damaged sata port my friend had similar issues but he could get into the installer sometimes

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuerrillaRaider
View Post

Wondering if anyone can give me assistance because I hit a wall and I've been building computers here and there my entire life.

I just assembled my PC today and the computer will start and I have access to BIOS but once I try to insert a Vista, XP or Ubuntu CD when I try to start the install the computer will just stop or restart itself. So basically for vista CD it will go to "loading vista install" and the bar will load then it will stop right there.

Here's what I have:

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8GHz 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT55TFBGRBOX

MSI NF750-G55 AM3 NVIDIA nForce 750a SLI HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model TW3X4G1333C9A G

500GB SATA Drive, CoolerMaster 500W Power Supply

Did I mess up on the memory selection? I'm pretty sure I wired everything correctly. The only thing I can think of is i picked the wrong memory to work with the AMD X6.

Any help appreciated. Thanks!!

Exact same problem. I have the same cpu and psu I think. Is it coincidence?

·
Oh Harro
674 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuerrillaRaider
View Post

Better pray you didn't do any irreversible damage. You must use standoff or you short components on your motherboard.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Are you sure the BIOS supports X6? Check what the BIOS is display the CPU as. If the speeds aren't matching, then you need to update the BIOS.

I had a very similar problem when assembling my system. The set up load screen would start, and then go to a black screen and restart by itself. It was a never ending loop. I thought it was my Windows CD, burned a few new ones, even made bootable USB one in case there was a problem with the drive. I googled the problem and didn't see anything that helped.

In the end, I found out I had to update the BIOS because the computer would POST with the old BIOS, but it wouldn't work correctly. I put the new BIOS on my USB drive and the BIOS for my board (MSI 890GXM-G65) had an update utility that was simple to use. After the update, everything worked flawlessy. (And my CPU was correctly displayed during POST and in the BIOS).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts