Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking to purchase an AMD Athlon XP 3200 (400fsb), to upgrade from a 2600, but can't seem to find any good deals....does anyone know where I can find a good price? or even a better cpu compatible to this mobo (a7n8x-x delux)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mantice2000

I have been looking to purchase an AMD Athlon XP 3200 (400fsb), to upgrade from a 2600, but can't seem to find any good deals....does anyone know where I can find a good price? or even a better cpu compatible to this mobo (a7n8x-x delux)

Newegg and Zipzoomfly are my favorites for electronics, but check out Pricewatch.com and Pricegrabber.com for great comparison sites.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
newegg doesn't sell these cpu's anymore for some reason... and pricewatch prices tell me its cheaper to go with a 64 rather than 32... but that would require a new board... but thanks for your input, I'll keep looking in those sites.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mantice2000

newegg doesn't sell these cpu's anymore for some reason... and pricewatch prices tell me its cheaper to go with a 64 rather than 32... but that would require a new board... but thanks for your input, I'll keep looking in those sites.

I have a link to how to upgrade mobo and CPU without even a repair install of Windows XP if that helps.

BTW - There is a 754 socket mobo and 3300+ Sempron combo at Outpost.com for $89.99 right now. I can link both if you are interested.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Yeah because with what you have why don't you just get some better cooling and OC it to a 3200 speed. Its not that hard.

·
Premium Member
5,144 Posts
You could try an antiques store. Just a thought. Seeing as how AMD hasn't made these in over a year, you will pay a premium for it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When I Get Better Cooling How Would I Oc To 3200, What Speed Is That? Also My Mult Is Locked And I Am Limited To Jumping Up My Fsb And Pc3200 Ram Also Limits. I Am Still New To Oc'ing

1 - 14 of 14 Posts