Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This club is for those of us with R7 graphics cards.

eae89977_radeon_r7_265_referencni.jpeg

So far only Sapphire and Club3D have the 265 listed on their pages.

Also XFX seems to be featuring a 250E its only a single slot 250.

I will be adding in a spreadsheet, users must confirm their ownership to be added.

Not sure how many members it takes to make it official but we'll see.

*Post under construction*

Personally I have a 250X and a 260X

Signature by GhOsT169
post-flame-small.gif _- R7 OWNERS CLUB-_ post-flame-small.gif

Code:

Code:
[CENTER][URL=http://www.overclock.net/t/1470031/amd-r7-club/0_30] [FONT=Palatino Linotype][B][COLOR=Green]:clock: _- R7 OWNERS CLUB-_  :clock:[/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/URL]

·
technologist
4,514 Posts
This is awesome. I wanna get my hands on one of these cards to bench them for HWBot, and use as a backup card. The 265 looks nice, considering it's basically a 7850.

I will probably pick up one of these sometime within the next year. First I need to get another 290 Tri-X for Crossfire and mining
wink.gif
So I already have a goal.

·
Premium Member
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We may be getting lucky with the 265. I dont think this is gonns happen but it is just a 270 with 4 compute units disabled. So if the manufacturer disables them with bios then possibly a 270 bios flash may unlock it.

BUT if they laser off the units then it wont work. With the release taking 3-4 weeks since announcement should give an idea of what they may be doing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
k well how about we get to the knitty gritty. does anybody know how to overclock any of these badboys. I just got the 250 and realized the power consumption is way lower than my 6850.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Gigabyte R7 260x (No OC) Runs Ultra Max Settings on BF3 perfect. Extremely surprised. Best $150 Ever spent! <3

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I need to pick one of these bad boys up for my girls rig. Will prolly get the 250. Cute little cards, lol..

·
:-)
254 Posts
I have a Sapphire R7 250 GDDR5 model. When overclocked to 1275/1575 from 1050/1150, this card gives sufficient performance for some light gaming on my 1366x768 monitor. Really satisfied with this card at this price point.
thumb.gif

·
technologist
4,514 Posts
Man, wish there were more posts in this thread.

Is there another one that is more active?

I got a Sapphire R7 265 Dual-X recently. Only $110 used on Ebay but the seller said he only had it for 5 days and then changed his mind... the card and packaging sure looks it, it's practically brand new. A $160 card for $110 seems pretty great. I tested it in my spare rig and it works. Got about 32 fps at stock in Valley Extreme HD. Stock clocks seem to be 925mhz core, 1400mhz RAM. It has 73% ASIC. What's next is putting it in my main rig and benching it for HWBOT after I overclock it. If anyone is interested I will post links to the results here.

·
Registered
6,053 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason387 View Post

I am. I have a 7870 but I guess it will be quite close. Give it you're shot
wink.gif
Did you upgrade from the 6950 you just had?

·
technologist
4,514 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: jason387

·
Premium Member
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah these are decent cards and quite cheap and small. I think the 750 ti really kills most of the cards in this club though.

·
Registered
6,053 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drnilly007 View Post

Yeah these are decent cards and quite cheap and small. I think the 750 ti really kills most of the cards in this club though.
It sure does. All but the R7 265.

·
Banned
7,797 Posts

·
technologist
4,514 Posts
Decent score for having an AMD processor. (If you ran it at 5ghz the score would go up.)

R7 265:

(Tess off)

• Rep+
Reactions: jason387
1 - 20 of 85 Posts