Overclock.net banner
4101 - 4109 of 4109 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys i just got an HD6990 and i was wondering what is the problem.. I upgraded from a GTX580(which could play all my games on ultra or at least high with a decent framerate) my 6990 lags on textures on medium graphics settings.. How is this possible with this seemingly more powerful card?? Could it be that my Corsair GS700 PSU is just not getting enough juice to the card?? Please I'm not ******ed.. The screen is plugged into the right port and I have the latest drivers.. All crossfire settings in CCC are enabled... Please i just need an answer as to if it's possible for this to happen?

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wacko2305 View Post

Hi guys i just got an HD6990 and i was wondering what is the problem.. I upgraded from a GTX580(which could play all my games on ultra or at least high with a decent framerate) my 6990 lags on textures on medium graphics settings.. How is this possible with this seemingly more powerful card?? Could it be that my Corsair GS700 PSU is just not getting enough juice to the card?? Please I'm not ******ed.. The screen is plugged into the right port and I have the latest drivers.. All crossfire settings in CCC are enabled... Please i just need an answer as to if it's possible for this to happen?
The GTX580 was good with some games and other effects that the 6990 didn't go over well with. It all depends on what settings and type of effects you're turning on. Each brand had better optimized performance, depending on which game and which card was being used. Have you run any benchmarks to see how it scores? I also hope all the Nvidia drivers were swept out prior to install the ATI card. That used to cause many issues as well.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Hey guys, its been a while since I've been on here. Has anyone had any issues with loss of video output using crossfired 6990s? They are in a Gigabyte X58A-UD7 mobo Rev 1 mobo. In the past occasionally,this issue used to pop up, but now, it always looses the video output signal once Windows is ready to start. If I unplug one video cards power leads I can always get one or the other video card to boot and work in Windows, but not when both are powered. I'm stumped, as this always seems to occur when new drivers were installed at times by Windows, but I have used several drivers and still cannot get both cards running in Windows once drivers are loaded. I also have tried reinstalling the OS and updating the mobo bios and turning off all overclock settings. The system worked with Windows 8 for short period of time, but refuses all options under Windows 7. When no drivers are loaded in a fresh OS install, I have video until drivers are loaded. Once ATI drivers are loaded, no video signal output to the monitor occurs. At this point, I'm trying to figure out if its video card related or motherboard related. Any input is welcomed.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezveedub View Post

Hey guys, its been a while since I've been on here. Has anyone had any issues with loss of video output using crossfired 6990s? They are in a Gigabyte X58A-UD7 mobo Rev 1 mobo. In the past occasionally,this issue used to pop up, but now, it always looses the video output signal once Windows is ready to start. If I unplug one video cards power leads I can always get one or the other video card to boot and work in Windows, but not when both are powered. I'm stumped, as this always seems to occur when new drivers were installed at times by Windows, but I have used several drivers and still cannot get both cards running in Windows once drivers are loaded. I also have tried reinstalling the OS and updating the mobo bios and turning off all overclock settings. The system worked with Windows 8 for short period of time, but refuses all options under Windows 7. When no drivers are loaded in a fresh OS install, I have video until drivers are loaded. Once ATI drivers are loaded, no video signal output to the monitor occurs. At this point, I'm trying to figure out if its video card related or motherboard related. Any input is welcomed.
Sounds like a PSU issue to me almost. What wattage are you running with both cards? It's almost as if the PSU is wearing out and cant seem to supply enough power to any one card and one specific time. Is this a possibility or is your PSU close to new?

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebsterXC View Post

Sounds like a PSU issue to me almost. What wattage are you running with both cards? It's almost as if the PSU is wearing out and cant seem to supply enough power to any one card and one specific time. Is this a possibility or is your PSU close to new?
It's a Corsair AX-1200. I haven't pulled another PSU to supplement power to the second card, which I have done before, but the Corsair was able to supply enough power when I tested this system 2-3 years ago when built.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thebtime has come to replace my 6990. It is Sapphire , retail box w an xspc block on it. Been under water its life. Great shape. Time for the torch to be passed on to the used R290 I picked up cheap. Waiting on a Water cool Heatkiller block or an Aquacomputer block. Have not figured out which one. Was gonna tri fire but honestly with the power consumption it is not worth it. My 290 is faster and uses near 150 watts less than the 6990. Unsure what a used 6990 and block may be worth. Hoping to get 150 plus ship

·
Registered
890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post

Thebtime has come to replace my 6990. It is Sapphire , retail box w an xspc block on it. Been under water its life. Great shape. Time for the torch to be passed on to the used R290 I picked up cheap. Waiting on a Water cool Heatkiller block or an Aquacomputer block. Have not figured out which one. Was gonna tri fire but honestly with the power consumption it is not worth it. My 290 is faster and uses near 150 watts less than the 6990. Unsure what a used 6990 and block may be worth. Hoping to get 150 plus ship
I sold my 6990 220€+post's with arctic accelero 6990

·
Eastern Bloc Electronics
1,704 Posts
I still have this card running.

Anyone Had such problem with overclocking ?

When I raise Vcore then the gpu is more unstable. For example [email protected] will artifact like hell while [email protected] is pretty stable (except for the Fallout 3 which I game at 950mhz Core).
Putting the Vcore down to 1.175V will even make the Fallout 3 without artifacts but the computer may freeze.

I'm using AUSUM bios and the card is watercooled.
For voltage adjusting I use Msi afterburner 2.3.1 (newer versions don't really like HD6990).

4101 - 4109 of 4109 Posts