Overclock.net banner
41 - 60 of 4109 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soilentblue;12780460
i could care less about sapphire but where has Asus said that they will void the warranty?
If you read the User Manual you'll see that removing the sticker to switch the BIOS position will void the warranty.

So far only XFX and PowerColor have mentioned they will not void the warranty by doing it.

But I'm sure the rest will follow the same path as XFX and PowerColor
tongue.gif

It's just STUPID to bring a switch on the card that anyone can touch, yet they say it'll void the warranty? I call that bs.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by soilentblue
View Post

i could care less about sapphire but where has Asus said that they will void the warranty? just by not updating their warranty page doesn't mean it's not under warranty still.

Asus is a big slow corp. Things don't move there fast.

Ok. Imagine the popular video with Hitler shouting while reading this.

Next Asus meeting. VP, with alot of suits, executives.

-Asus VP (Hitler)sitting at his desk, looking at a geographic card:''why don't we sell new 6990, that card is da ****, why? There and there? We paid alot of money for those.''

-Everyone holding their breath. Looking at each others. Answer from random nobody sweating like a cow: ''All our competitors are covering the OC switch fully... but not us...''

-VP (Hitler), removing glasses slowly, shaking: ''Who didn't told me that, you %?&*)(#@$#&$() MORON ¨Ç¨_)(&[email protected]%?%?! AS*HOLE !$%$$%%'' for 3 minutes non-stop.

Next day, new updated page at Asus with full warranty coverage of the OC switch.

·
Premium Member
16,551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levesque;12780888
Asus a big slow corp. Things don't move there fast.

Ok. Imagine the video with Hitler shouting while reading this.

Next Asus meeting. VP, with alot of suits, executives.

-Asus VP (Hitler)sitting at his desk:''why don't we sell new 6990, that card is da ****, why?''

-Everyone holding their breath. Looking at each others. Answer from random nobody sweating like a cow: ''All our competitors are covering the OC switch fully, but not us...''

-VP (Hitler), removing glasses slowly, shaking: ''Who didn't told me that, you %?&*)(#@$#&$() MORON ¨Ç¨_)(&[email protected]%?%?! AS*HOLE !$%$$%%'' for 3 minutes non-stop.

2 days after, new updated page at Asus with full warranty coverage of the OC switch.
Hahahaha nice one, I laughed, +Rep for the lol!
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
380 Posts
damn..this card looks really good..I was going to get a gtx 580..but, this looks like it will yield better results over time..will there be a severe bottleneck with a pheno II x4 955?

·

13,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunion;12783914
Have you guys seen the TRUE cooled 6990?
Crazy!
eek.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan_Nightwing;12784030
What kind of PSU can even HANDLE these things in Crossfire?
750w for one and 1000w for two in CrossfireX are on the specs

·
Premium Member
11,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunion;12783914
Have you guys seen the TRUE cooled 6990?
That's actually quite impressive,
tongue.gif

How is the fan noise on these cards? I don't intend to buy one, but my 5970's fan was what pushed me into Watercooling because it was so loud, so I'm curious of this, especially with it's new cooler design.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastical;12784067
1200 watt minimum i think Ive read.
There is discussion and debate that presents itself on this topic. Certain reviewers state ~1100W-1200W to be on what they term as 'safe side'. However I posed the same question in a thread on the Overclock forums.

http://www.overclock.net/power-supplies/960973-hx1000-crossfirex-6990s.html#post12669587
Quote:
Yes, very easily. But the HX1000 is essentially two 500W units packaged into one enclosure, you may need to load balance the rails so you don't overdraw too much power from one rail.
Quote:
1000 should be fine looks like is uses a slight bit more then a gtx580 at stock
Quote:
You should be alright with that PSU.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
great club guys, thats a monster card

so much talk about the 11.4 drivers

it will make a difference with my little 5770 ?

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Sigh. The frustrated Nvidia Quad-SLi owner I was talking about just made an appearance in here.

Vega. Go play with your little green friends. That post or yours was childish and a flame-bait in a 6990 ''OWNERS'' thread, and really uncalled for. Tri-SLi is worth 1500$ and 6990 700$. So who cares? And those videos were made with early beta-drivers not optimized for the 6990. So again, who cares?

Go back to your schoolyard. We all know that having a Quad-SLI set-up is to compensate for something lacking...

How's the hearing btw? Still going deaf with the sound of your Quad-SLI set-up? ''Green with envy''?

And if you start your personnal attacks on me again in here, I will ask the moderators to kick you out. So think before posting. It's not hardOCP here. And I'm serious.

I won't talk to you again. You won't have the support of your green-team in here. And if you were a gentleman, you would remove that provocating flaming -bait post of yours. It's a 6990 owner's thread, not a schoolyard. Do you have a 6990?

Guys. That guy is a childish green goblin with personnal agenda against the 6990 and me. I don't know why. It's like a fetish or something. Don't let him start it in here. Go to the moderators if you must. Don't argue with him. He will start shouting and making personnal attacks.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL! because that's what he is, sadly!

Vega. Be a gentleman. Swallow your pride, I know your set-up did cost you alot of money, but please. Go away. Stop the flame-baiting non-sense. Be a gentleman for once. I know your only self-esteem and e-peen is your Quad-SLi set-up, and your little nerdy fan-club, and so it's really difficult to stop. But stop it. Please, I ask it politely.

I'm 40, 50 employes, owner of 2 pharmacy. In real life, you wouldn't even look me in the eyes. So stop it,

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Thank you moderators. I really appreciate it. You know what I'm talking about.

Thank you. You just made your job alot easier by removing those posts.
smile.gif

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
I think this Club will be growing fast now that real people are getting their hands on those 6990. Why buy 580 SLI when 6990+6970 simply kills it for the same price? And with BETA 11.4 drivers!
smile.gif

Great card. Just played Dragon Age 4 hours in a row last night, max res, max AA, max AF , every settings maxed out, and with the PC high-texture pack! without a single freeze/bug/crash/BSOD ... fluid fps... running cool... no overheating, it didn't melt my computer, not noisy ... and blah blah blah.

Great card.

Smooth fps all along.
smile.gif

41 - 60 of 4109 Posts