Fan Man
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Download Page (amd.com)
Release Notes (amd.com)

Support For

• Far Cry®5

Fixed Issues

• Some blockchain workloads may experience lower performance than expected when compared to previous Radeon Software releases.
  • Final Fantasy®XV may experience bright lighting effects on some trees in specific map locations.
  • Final Fantasy®XV may experience an application hang or crash after advancing in game to chapter 2.

Known Issues

• Far Cry®5 may experience flickering issues if a task switch is performed while playing the game using a multi GPU enabled system configuration.
  • A random system hang may be experienced after extended periods of use on system configurations using 12 GPU's for compute workloads.
  • Destiny 2™ may experience an application hang in the mission "Heist" on some Radeon GCN1.0 products.
  • Destiny 2™ may experience long load times when the application has been open for extended periods of time.
  • Radeon Overlay may intermittently fail to enable when toggled in some games.
  • Resizing Radeon Settings may cause the window to intermittently stutter.

Package Contents

The Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.3.4 installation package contains the following:

• Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.3.4 Driver Version 17.50.33.05 (Windows Driver Store Version 23.20.15033.5003)

·
Politically incorrect
9,292 Posts

·
The Challenger
2,280 Posts
The new benchmark by which drivers are now measured: mining hashrate.
All my games run well, and I haven't bought any new games recently, so the gaming improvements are meh to me. Mining on the other hand, is a good way to learn some money with the rig that I already have, so... If they can boost what I make, it's more beneficial to me than actual game performance.

·
Top kek
3,578 Posts
The new benchmark by which drivers are now measured: mining hashrate.
Well yea, it can be used that way as well. Games are a lot harder for the normal user to bench (if it doesnt have built-in benchmark). Mining on the other hand, should always produce same results (unless the driver is different for example).

Hm. I should see if this one gives me a boost in mining.
0 performance difference for me in CN compared to 17.12.1.

·
The Challenger
2,280 Posts
Well yea, it can be used that way as well. Games are a lot harder for the normal user to bench (if it doesnt have built-in benchmark). Mining on the other hand, should always produce same results (unless the driver is different for example).

My ETH hashrate went from ~28 Mh/s to ~30 Mh/s on my R9 Fury.

·
Registered
452 Posts
My cryptonight hashes went up to blockchain driver levels on Vega (from 1500-2000). Ethereum and others were already hashing at full.

Edit - My R9 290 is still getting exactly 830 h/s from old driver to new at same settings as expected.

·
Iconoclast
30,428 Posts
The change was to fix an issue they botched in 18.3.3, which on some cards I've tested (HBM equipped parts) gives unusually low hashrates. 18.3.4 returns them to normal.

·
Sunday League Jibber
4,254 Posts
My Stellaris issues have been resolved, so no complaints here. Cheers, @hunterwindu.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts