Discussion Starter #1

Quote:
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.1 Highlights

Updated Crossfire Profiles available for:
◾Hitman™

Support for:
◾Need for Speed™

Resolved Issues
◾Installed or played games sometimes do not show up in the Radeon™ Settings "Gaming" tab.
◾Installing via command line may not work for some users. As a workaround please use the default GUI installer.
◾Intermittent hang sometimes experienced on UE4 applications.
◾Black screen or possible hang after launching Oculus Video Application.
◾DirectX®12 application frame rates are no longer locked to the refresh rate of the display panel.

Known Issues
◾A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay"
◾FFXIV can experience black screen or application hang
◾The Division may experience flickering in AMD Crossfire™ mode.
◾League of Legends® may experience some graphical corruption on characters death animation in AMD Crossfire™ mode.
◾Rift® may experience a hang when playing with FRTC and V-Sync enabled. As a work around users are suggested to disable V-Sync.
◾Plants vs Zombies™: Garden Warfare 2 may experience some flickering in AMD Crossfire™ mode.
◾Power efficiency toggle in Radeon™ Settings is showing up for some unsupported products.
◾Hitman™ may experience poor AMD Crossfire™ scaling when "Super Sampling" is set to 1.5x.
◾Need for Speed™ may experience poor scaling or flickering in AMD Crossfire™ mode.
SOURCE

·
PC Evangelist
46,995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zealord View Post

damn that is nice.

AMD is currently on a good track with their drivers
thumb.gif
People can't really complain about AMD drivers anymore apart from CFX.

• Rep+
Reactions: LAKEINTEL

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Past two months have been a driver a week on average.
biggrin.gif

·
pass the lortabs
5,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post

Sure they can.
rolleyes.gif

·
Premium Member
6,631 Posts
Quote:

yeah but it appears Nvidia is having trouble to get SLI profiles working aswell.

Also I have only 1 GPU, but for other people I wish they (both Nvidia and AMD) were faster with making sure games have SLI/CF profiles.
smile.gif

·
PC Evangelist
46,995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zealord View Post

yeah but it appears Nvidia is having trouble to get SLI profiles working aswell.

Also I have only 1 GPU, but for other people I wish they (both Nvidia and AMD) were faster with making sure games have SLI/CF profiles.
smile.gif
Yeah. For 2015 and now 2016 CFX and SLI have had their worse time in their existence. I though It was CFX since AMD users here are more loud but SLI has similar problems from all the complain i hear from TB, Joker and other SLI youtubers. Funny how some youtubes never mention anything about these things. SLI is only a problem for people that buy both cards and want a return.

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Yeah. For 2015 and now 2016 CFX and SLI have had their worse time in their existence. I though It was CFX since AMD users here are more loud but SLI has similar problems from all the complain i hear from TB, Joker and other SLI youtubers. Funny how some youtubers never mention anything about these things. SLI is only a problem for people that buy both cards and want a return.
I can think of a few.
wink.gif

·
Tank destroyer and a god
2,514 Posts
Quote:

Yeah. For 2015 and now 2016 CFX and SLI have had their worse time in their existence. I though It was CFX since AMD users here are more loud but SLI has similar problems from all the complain i hear from TB, Joker and other SLI youtubers. Funny how some youtubes never mention anything about these things. SLI is only a problem for people that buy both cards and want a return.
Lets put it this way.

You have an engine with no, poor or early multithread rendering. As Windows is not a real-time OS, wireframes done on different CPU cores may get finished out of frame order.

If you have a single GPU you might experience a stuttering, which may get resolved by simple single thread rendering at cost of some performance. If you have a multi GPU solution, you have more points where frame render may go wrong. If data coming from multipe CPUs may be already out of sync, keeping multiple gpus in sync is really a hard task.

An API ready for multiple cores such as Mantle, Vulcan or supposedly DX12 may give a relief in this case.

People who seem to overlook Xfire or SLi trouble now, were doing that for years, and mainly for games which offered some support for multithread rendering. Main reason for this behavior is to "be the best" in means of FPS, or 3dmark scores. And thats simply not right.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Quote:

Personally I've never been this disappointed with AMD drivers and it's not because of CFX. Crimson introduced a couple of bugs that are still not fixed and don't even seem to be acknowledged (oc getting applied on startup, game profiles not working, etc). I'm not too sure about AMD new strategy to roll out drivers every week, if it's just to say "look we care about drivers we release one every 3 days" or if it's really effective. So far to me it seems they release drivers and don't really test enough to let slip bugs such as I mentioned. And what is the most frustrating is that these bugs weren't there before crimson.
rolleyes.gif

And about CFX, I think it's OK. It's not a day one (release) gamer kind of thing. Anyway I'm the kind of person that buys games years later most of the time and by then CFX probably works perfect hehe.
tongue.gif

·
Banned
6,632 Posts
Quote:
The Division may experience flickering in AMD Crossfire™ mode.
Plants vs Zombies™: Garden Warfare 2 may experience some flickering in AMD Crossfire™ mode.
Hitman™ may experience poor AMD Crossfire™ scaling when "Super Sampling" is set to 1.5x.
Need for Speed™ may experience poor scaling or flickering in AMD Crossfire™ mode.
Have fun Future Radeon Pro Duo owners.

Are we going to receive performance improvements in NFS? Or "support" is all we are getting?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post

Have fun Future Radeon Pro Duo owners.

Are we going to receive performance improvements in NFS? Or "support" is all we are getting?
Exactly!! They release a multi-gpu but the drivers dont work well with CF.

like.....***?
biggrin.gif

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweezlednutball View Post

just installed 16.3.1... hitman still wont use more than one gpu
Exclusive full screen?
DX11 and DX12 tested?

·