Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
This is nice. Really nice to see the compass getting fixed in Fallout 4. I could only see the compass if using VSR at 1440p and the game definitely runs better for me at 1080p. FX6300 can't handle shadow distance or anything related to population centers lol, even at 4.65ghz.

Also fixing the Framerate Target Control thing will be nice as well. Had some REALLY weird things going on in Darksiders 2 and some games like Fallout 4 and Far Cry 4 would get really jumpy and hitchy when set to 30fps. RadeonPro has been a lot more consistent/reliable but I like having settings all in one place.

·
✾ ✿ ❀ ❁
8,397 Posts
These drivers are only getting better and better
yessir.gif

Only problem I have had is that they removed Voltage control for R9 295X2 at around 15.11.1 drivers
frown.gif

·
Top kek
3,595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noufel View Post

We must admit it AMD drivers team are doing a good job lately
thumb.gif
Yup, they are on fire, rolling out new updates like hot bread in the morning. They need to keep doing this, long enough their bad reputation for their "bad" drivers to fade away.

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
Have they fixed the profiles which won't applying settings? Did not see it in the resolved list. Can someone also check the .dll files for rise of the TR CFX profile?

·
Registered
64 Posts
16.1 is looking good so far. It resolved my 290 constantly crashing booting into 8.1.

Now time to see if my 7950 has gotten some love in Battlefront. The screen flicker was getting unplayable at times.

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
Users on Guru3D report slightly less CPU overhead, around 4% efficiency increase in DX11 Multi TH - draw calls, 1% DX11 Single TH - draw callls.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Quote:
Fallout 4 - Gameplay may be choppy in AMD FreeSync™ mode in Ultra mode at 1440p resolution
Seems less stuttery to me, but I don't believe they will ever fully fix FO4. Game is just a mess with how it handles dynamic shadows

·
Registered
653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcg75 View Post

Please keep the discussion on topic here.

That means talk about these drivers not the competition.

Any AMD users that came into the thread looking for information saw a few posts about the drivers and the rest of arguing about whose drivers are better.

Enough.
Thank you
thumb.gif

AMD is doing great lately, the only problem I have currently is I can't use the internal update function (gives me an error about Catalyst being in use, perhaps this was a bug that's been fixed with a new version that I have to install manually? Has anyone else experience(d) this?)

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleazybigfoot View Post

Thank you
thumb.gif

AMD is doing great lately, the only problem I have currently is I can't use the internal update function (gives me an error about Catalyst being in use, perhaps this was a bug that's been fixed with a new version that I have to install manually? Has anyone else experience(d) this?)
Yes, I have the same issue. I have not updated to 16.1 yet but I may when I get home from work tonight.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayford5 View Post

Yes, I have the same issue. I have not updated to 16.1 yet but I may when I get home from work tonight.
Ok, I'm updating right now we'll see with the next update if this fixed things.
wink.gif

·
AMD Red Team FTW!
1,877 Posts
When I go to Radeon Settings -> Update -> Check for updates

It says Your software is up to date even though this update was released, why isn't this working?

·
✾ ✿ ❀ ❁
8,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzamples View Post

It says Your software is up to date even though this update was released, why isn't this working?
I think you have to check an option to enable Beta update downloads.

·
Top kek
3,595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzamples View Post

Mine always prompts for new available drivers, usually 0 to 2 days after driver release.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts