Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting together my first build in about a decade and I'm at a road block. My build is all put together and it powers on, but I'm not getting anything on the display.
The build is as follows:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Msi MAG Bazooka b550m
Asrock radeonrx570
16 gb gskillz ddr4 ram
Hydro GE 550w modular power supply
Diy F2 case

When I power up it up all the lights and fans run, but there's no output on my display. My MSI EZ Debug light on the motherboard is shining white for the cpu signalling an issue, I believe.
I've reseated the cpu several times, double checked the cpu power connector, reseated my RAM, GPU, double checked all power supply connections, and reset the CMOS by removing the battery. The only thing I wasn't able to do is attempt to reset the CMOS with a jumper because I don't have one. I've even attached the HDMI to the motherboard instead of the gpu but nothing. I've also tried a seperate processor to no avail.
I'm running out of things to try. Any suggestions or reccomendations?

·
OCN is bad civilization
3,541 Posts
Check the system outside the case. Maybe there's a short somewhere.
Also try flashing the latest bios.

You don't need a jumper to short those 2 pins. Use a screwdriver.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Try a different slot for your GPU?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excuse me ignorance but how exactly do I go about flashing the BIOS? I know there's a button on the mobo just not sure if there's anything special i have to do.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But unless I'm misunderstanding, I can't flash the BIOS if the PC wont post.

Is it possible there's an issue with the motherboard? It's the only thing I haven't been able to rule out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Try only one memory module in the correct slot? ( DIMMA2 )

·
OG AMD
8,800 Posts
Make sure you have the correct 8 pin cpu power (not PCIE 8 pin) connected at the top of the motherboard. As far as I know B550 chipset should support the 3600 out of the box.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I just ran out to Micro Center and grabbed a replacement board. Came home and swapped it out and it booted right up! Thanks for the help guys.

·
It's a me
2,879 Posts
Well I just ran out to Micro Center and grabbed a replacement board. Came home and swapped it out and it booted right up! Thanks for the help guys.
Same exact board?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts