Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found this cpu for sale and i would just like to know if "sempron" cpus are good for gaming and oc'ing and any general information about them. I looked on the cpu roadmap thread but found that the AMD Sempron 3100+ is not listed. Could anyone explain why this is...? If im not mistaken it it a 64 and socket 754...

This cpu also comes with the recomended DFI LANPartyUT NF3 250GB Motherboard. What do ppl think of this motherboard... Is it godd for gaming and oc'ing?

Finally i can get these two for £150 (~$280 US)... is this a good price or could ppl recommend a different combo for a similar cost?

Sorry for all the questions but....

Thanks...

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
From the benchmarks I've seen the new sempron 3100+ does pretty good compared to the old sempron/Athlon XP's.

The motherboard you mentioned is the best S754 motherboard avaliable. For the price mentioned I would get a A64 3000+ and the same mobo you mentioned.

I dont know if prices are the same over where you're at but the combo I mentioned can be had from newegg.com for about $280, and should perform quite a bit better than the Sempron 3100+ deal.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil XP2400

I dont know if prices are the same over where you're at but the combo I mentioned can be had from newegg.com for about $280, and should perform quite a bit better than the Sempron 3100+ deal.

Thanks alot for this info. I will have a look and see how much i can get a 64 3000+ for over here (UK). Thx alot...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've just purchased a AMD 3100+ and am currently overclockng, using software provided with the motherboard, at 2.0GHz. Does anyone know if it is possible to overclock this CPU anymore and if so how?

Cheers
Matt

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
matty, cross posting can be confusing! If you add a link to your original post it would help those who want to reply but trying to address 2 topics in 1 string is a pain

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by markuk3

the stock running speed for a 3100+is 2250mhz so you got somethig wrong there mate

The sempro 3100+ runs @ 1.8ghz stock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts