Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow.... i just got mine up to 3.11 ghz with a stock fan! raised my voltage and fsb a tad and this was soooo fast. fps almost NEVER moved on dod:s I didn't want to keep it at it so i set it back to my safe overlock at 2.6 but damn! this thing is capable of insane things. make me wish i had waterclooing
. anybody manage this with stock cpu fans?

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by +Amdoverclocker+

Wow.... i just got mine up to 3.11 ghz with a stock fan! raised my voltage and fsb a tad and this was soooo fast. fps almost NEVER moved on dod:s I didn't want to keep it at it so i set it back to my safe overlock at 2.6 but damn! this thing is capable of insane things. make me wish i had waterclooing
. anybody manage this with stock cpu fans?

. CPU-Z valid, and if it can run DOD:S fine.. It should do a 32M Super PI fine

(And no, I dont beleive you, if you had an Opteron I would though)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i heard that some fx-57 or 55's were boxed as semprons as they ran out of actual semprons. I dont really want to overclock it back to that for my pc's safety's sake but ill get it up there and post a clock screenshot. the temps were hot enough enough to fry eggs in the morning. like 55-60c? i dont know exactly i dont have a cpu temp gauge any more

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
Quote:

yeah i heard that some fx-57 or 55's were boxed as semprons as they ran out of actual semprons. I dont really want to overclock it back to that for my pc's safety's sake but ill get it up there and post a clock screenshot. the temps were hot enough enough to fry eggs in the morning. like 55-60c? i dont know exactly i dont have a cpu temp gauge any more

Boxed as semprons?
again..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that sempron thing was just a rumor some tech told me. im not sure if i believe it. yeah so like im ocverclocking it now and i seem to have hit a rut around 2.68ghz. im going to keep trying to get it up to 3ghz as i did it before. grrrr. i WAS using a different bios that i flashed. i wonder if that was what made it go so far... should i up the voltage? heres what i did so far. wish me luck!

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
yea i would second (or third?) the notion of proof, and i really doubt the whole sempron thing, AMD would just delay orders instead of miss-matching the cpu's. plus that 3700+ is capable of alot, 3.11 on air though? thats kinda a far-fetched without proof.
EDIT: i got my 3000+ to 2.68 on just air, you can push farther than me easy.

·
Banned
4,795 Posts
youre a liar, you cant get to 3.11 on a stock fan on a CPU that is known to need 1.55+v to run that kind of speed, which means you need good temps, why do you think i have the same CPU on WATER? simple, because the cpu gets too hot with stock fan.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue_Fire

yea i would second (or third?) the notion of proof, and i really doubt the whole sempron thing, AMD would just delay orders instead of miss-matching the cpu's. plus that 3700+ is capable of alot, 3.11 on air though? thats kinda a far-fetched without proof.
EDIT: i got my 3000+ to 2.68 on just air, you can push farther than me easy.

here's mine at 3.108Ghz (close enough to 3.11 for ya? lol) with a suicide SuperPI run.
proof that a 3700+ can do 3.1 on air.

and metalkobra, calm down lol, i had my 3700+ at 2.9Ghz on the stock cooler, but i had a fan from my house at the side of my case. temps are just fine in idle, and games like DoD don't use the CPU 100%, so it's believable that he could play for a bit.

however, i want proof too

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobuk

here's mine at 3.108Ghz (close enough to 3.11 for ya? lol) with a suicide SuperPI run.
proof that a 3700+ can do 3.1 on air.

and metalkobra, calm down lol, i had my 3700+ at 2.9Ghz on the stock cooler, but i had a fan from my house at the side of my case. temps are just fine in idle, and games like DoD don't use the CPU 100%, so it's believable that he could play for a bit.

however, i want proof too

Well, guess i was wrong lol, i think im going to buy one of these CPU's pretty soon. lol and yes that is close enough.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue_Fire

Well, guess i was wrong lol, i think im going to buy one of these CPU's pretty soon. lol and yes that is close enough.

yeah you'll be happy if you buy a 3700+. i held the CPU at 2.6Ghz, 24/7 on the stock cooler with no problems at all.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Quote:

i cant get past that one rut... im stuck at 2.68, should i up the voltage? if so, then to what?

well, if you did it once....why can't you do it again... just go by what you had it set to before... hmm...

anyway, to give you the benefit of the doubt, try 1.5 volts and put the CPU around 2.9Ghz and slowly work up from there.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobuk

yeah you'll be happy if you buy a 3700+. i held the CPU at 2.6Ghz, 24/7 on the stock cooler with no problems at all.

lol thats pretty good actually, i was only able to run mine at 2.2 on stock and 2.6 24/7 with what is in my specs. i just think it would be a good upgrade and the performance gains would be nice.
EDIT: that why i love this mobo so much, i can feed my cpu 1.6125 and it will only use 1.58

·
Banned
4,795 Posts
Quote:

Calm down? you cheater...usin a fan -_-...thats low...real low...youre banned from oc.net mister...ill bet your load temp is high as hell though.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts