Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what the temps should run for AMD Processors. My friend emailed me today and I think she might have a heat problem. I believe she's running an AMD Duron 1.8Ghz...or whatever the 1.8Ghz low end AMD processor is. I told her to get MBM5 to read the temps, but I don'tk now what temps an AMD should run. If you have a guess let meknow...if you don't, hopefully someone can tell me when I find out exactly what the processor is. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
about any cpu should run more then 55-60*c any higher and its a bad think, specially for AMDs

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thx guys, that's waht I thought. But I'm not familiar with AMD processors yet. Might change that soon though :-D

·
Registered
178 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sword44

Thx guys, that's waht I thought. But I'm not familiar with AMD processors yet. Might change that soon though :-D

I haven't had that much luck using MBM 5 with certain motherboards, With mine it reports that the CPU is running at 5c, and the Mobo is running at 32c. If you can check the temps in the bios, I would recommomend trying that.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Natel

I haven't had that much luck using MBM 5 with certain motherboards, With mine it reports that the CPU is running at 5c, and the Mobo is running at 32c. If you can check the temps in the bios, I would recommomend trying that.

Alright, thanks.

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
I really dont like that Mobo monitor as it always gives me wrong readings and it's a hassle to get around in it. I just use Asus probe or Sisoft Sandra. They both work fine. also try a program called CPUcool

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.N00bLaR

lol.....got mine outta the store runs at 70c
(AMD Athlon XP tho)

Something isn't right in there!!!
1. FHS not seated correctly
2. a ton of white goop (seen it done and LMAO untill I had to clean up somebody elses mistake)
3. Improperly reporting the temps... check for BIOS update.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ket

probably just needs a new coating of thermal paste, get some AS ceramique for it.

Is AS Ceramique better, worse, or bout the same as AS 5?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts