Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will changing the vcore of my cpu do anything even if you dont overclock. I dont mean speed, i mean will lowering the v-core cool it down?

·
Here longer than mods lol
3,800 Posts
prob yes
raising vcore heats it up so lowing prob has opposite effect

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its on 1.4vcore at 2.2(stock) how much should i lower to help the heat, cos its running 45degrees celcius idle.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Id look into some new case cooling in that situation, my 3500 is at 1.6 vcore overclocked and LOADS at those temps. You might try knocking it back to 2.0 ghz if it is that bad until you can get come better cooling. That should allow you to lower your vcore.

·
Premium Member
19,923 Posts
Several questions:

What is your ambient temperature?
When was the last time you re-seated your HSF
What size and how many fans do you have (intake and exhaust) - I see in your profile that there seems to be a blowhole and side intake (rear also I assume).
Do you have a front intake?
What are the current fans configured for (intake/exhaust)

These are all factors in keeping airflow smooth and efficient.

I would try to re-seat your HSF with AS5 and work on airflow before you lower your Vcore below stock. Perhaps that is okay, I don't know - but it is intuitive that the voltage is set a [articular voltage for a reason.

·
Here longer than mods lol
3,800 Posts
What kind of heatsink do you have thats pretty hot for a 3500+

·
404 Title Not Found
2,326 Posts
Try cleaning it off, dust is horrible for airflow. You may want to check into better heatsink/fan's, I recently bought a Blue Orb 2, its huge an cools my CPU soo much better. It was only 37$ free shipping at the egg, I think the deal is over by now. I'm sure you could find something better than stock hs/f for really cheap, could also check into some nice thermal grease such as AS5.

But like I mentioned try cleaning it out, and if it doesn't seem to dusty try getting some case fans in there. Even the case fans out so there's the same amount blowing in as out or they won't work the way they should.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
To answer your original question yes lowering your vcore will make your processor cooler. If you are looking for free ways to lower your temperatures search the forums for lapping and IHS removal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts