Overclock.net banner

AMD X570 - G.Skill F4-3600C14-16GVK - Overclock Advice

562 6
Hi All,

I've been out of the game for a while and am trying to maximize my Rig.

I'm running a 5900x on an x570 Aorus Master with 2x16GB of the title RAM

Light Font Screenshot Software Technology

I Ran the Curve Optimizer, set a +75mhz offset, bumped my FCLK/MCLK to 1867. With Mem at 1.50V it ran but would fail Prime95. At 1.55V its prime stable (well. 30 mins at 58C peak) but the system can still be wonky sometimes.

I bought this kit on a buildzoid recommendation (dual rank B Die) and am wondering what my next steps should be (ram calculator, subtiming/voltage suggestions, AKA should i give up on CL14 and chase higher frequencies? is there an easier path to stability?)

Thanks,

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was able to run CL14 all the way to 4000 with around 1.6to 1.65v and a fan on it, but it gave me lower scores then tight timings at 3600. Have a feeling it was my memory controller on the CPU not being up to it on my 5950x. Test them with Cinebench or my favorite Super Pi1mb, then when your getting good scores, then go on to Timespy or Firestrike to verify. Your sub timings need alot of work! Your TFAW and TRFC can be lowered a fair amount, along with some of the other main timings. I don't have any Zen timings shots to share, but here is one with CPUZ. Check out some of the AMD Ram threads here, plenty of screenshots from others.
Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Software

·
Registered
9 Posts
Loaded up an old 4000mhz profile at 1.65v and took a screenshot for you. I'm on a 7950x now for my benchmarking rig, using the 5950x for daily use but with eco mode and low voltage to save on the electric bill. This is not advisable for daily use, just benchmarking....just showing you what should be possible if you want to push it hard.
Rectangle Font Screenshot Technology Parallel

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is extremely aggressive timings in the last screenshot.

I'm guessing you have "T-Force Xtreem ARGB 3600MHz CL14" which have pretty similar XMP primary timings to mine.

I'll get a fan on them, but what did you use to set those timings? Just trial and error?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
3800/1900 is really where you want to sit on AMD, its usually the limit before you start getting WHEA's. A lot of your voltages look higher than necessary for that speed and timings. ProcODT you want as low as possible and for resistances 7-3-3 is a good start for dual rank, otherwise 6-3-3. This is what I am running on my 3600c14 kit. 1000% HCI memtest stable. 12 hours P95 stable. vDIMM is 1.53
Font Technology Screenshot Electric blue Darkness

GDM off will make it easier to diagnose errors, but GDM off 1T is quite hard to get stable. I'd recommend going 2T GDM off and getting everything else stable first.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just start with each setting (Primary timings first) one at a time and lower it and re-test. Low latency seems to be more more important then bandwidth for AMD. 56.2ms with just 1.5v and 3800mhz on the 5950x using an old bench profile for the timings without fussing around much, still beats my DDR5 6000 AIDA64 latency results on the 7950x. I am still trying to beat some of the 5950x scores in 3DMARK too!
Product Font Computer Screenshot Line

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After a lot of messing around I'm here for now
Blue Font Screenshot Software Electronic device

I was at 1933 FCLK/MCLK for a while, Deleted ryzen master, but found that a lot of menus are either duplicated or non-functional in the Gigabyte BIOS, settings weren't being applied etc., so went back to ryzen master.

at 1933 I couldn't get stability on stock timings, had some nice AIDA results of 60+gb/s and 58ns Latency but ultimately settled on 1900. From there I had tighter timings than this but backed things off for now to largely resemble blodflekk's results.

I'll keep tuning another weekend, but ran out of time.

As a sidenote, i never thought the NH-D15 with liquid metal TIM would be my bottleneck but i'm at 90C in prime95. One of the fans on it is loud, might replace it for noise alone (6 year old cooler).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts