Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
My X670E Aorus Master had wired behaviour, if I flash F5 Bios And Enable PBO I get Cpu-z 775 to 780 Single core score
however if I enable advanced PBO disable power limits and Frequency Override of 200 MHz and -30 Curve I get 720 single core score Also all core OC can boot up to 5.8 on my 7700X .... getting a Crosshair Hero today and retesting my AORUS bios making me cringe

Registered
-30 on all cores except #2 at -25 and #3 at -20, all stable with Core Cycler over night.

Registered
-30 on all cores except #2 at -25 and #3 at -20, all stable with Core Cycler over night.
What are the gains in clockspeed out of curiosity?

High Clocker
Heres my results.
7950X
Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L (Have EK-Quantum Magnitude to go onto it when I can work out mounting it)
Gigabyte X670 AORUS ELITE AX
G.SKILL Trident Z5 32GB ( 2 X 16GB) DDR5 6000Mhz CL36, 1.35V,36-36-36-96

IGPU useage since need to mount water block before I can fit GPU.

CPUZ:
Single-Thread
Multi-Thread (32T)

Ram Over Clock:
XMP to 6000mhz.
Timings tightened 34-34-34 1.36v (spikes 1.38v with LLC, droops 1.35v)

PBO +200
Core Optimiser
#1 -10mv
#2 -12mv
#3/4 -15mv
#5/8 -18mv
rest -22mv

Stablility:
1 Hour Ram Tester
15 Min linpack
1 Hour core cycler

Azure Font Screenshot Electric blue Software

Font Screenshot Technology Software Multimedia

• Rep+
Reactions: This is a hat.

Registered
Heres my results.
7950X
Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L (Have EK-Quantum Magnitude to go onto it when I can work out mounting it)
Gigabyte X670 AORUS ELITE AX
G.SKILL Trident Z5 32GB ( 2 X 16GB) DDR5 6000Mhz CL36, 1.35V,36-36-36-96

IGPU useage since need to mount water block before I can fit GPU.

CPUZ:
Single-Thread
Multi-Thread (32T)

Ram Over Clock:
XMP to 6000mhz.
Timings tightened 34-34-34 1.36v (spikes 1.38v with LLC, droops 1.35v)

PBO +200
Core Optimiser
#1 -10mv
#2 -12mv
#3/4 -15mv
#5/8 -18mv
rest -22mv

Stablility:
1 Hour Ram Tester
15 Min linpack
1 Hour core cycler

View attachment 2574185
View attachment 2574186
Multi is great, Single seems kinda ****ed for some reason, though.

Registered
// Edit
I have all the logs I need now, just leaving this here for reference.

This seems like a suitable thread for asking for some help.
I'm currently adding AVX-512 support to CoreCycler, and need a log file for a full Prime95 30.8 run to double check if I correctly identified all of the tested FFT sizes.
I do have a log file that was generated on an Intel X299 platform, but for Ryzen 7000 support I really wanted to have log files that were run on a Zen 4 CPU.

So hopefully someone can upload a Prime95 log file with the following settings:
Max FFT size to 65536 is important so that it runs through all possible FFT sizes.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Software Technology

Unfortunately there's no good way to know if a full iteration has been completed, the most likely indication is probably that an already tested FFT size is being repeated. On the very first iteration every FFT size should appear only once, but after that, the FFT sizes can repeat multiple times before all of the others have been tested again.
On the X299 platform the first iteration took 1:46h, but it hadn't completed a full second one after an additional 2:20h. Just to give you some ballpark numbers.

Registered
When setting a negative offset for PBO, I have my power and other targets set to Auto. The Asus Hero sets these limits at insanely high values - i supposed to give the CPU all the power it would need.
Is there any benefit to lowering these targets manually? Will that lower performance?

Registered
// Edit
I have all the logs I need now, just leaving this here for reference.

This seems like a suitable thread for asking for some help.
I'm currently adding AVX-512 support to CoreCycler, and need a log file for a full Prime95 30.8 run to double check if I correctly identified all of the tested FFT sizes.
I do have a log file that was generated on an Intel X299 platform, but for Ryzen 7000 support I really wanted to have log files that were run on a Zen 4 CPU.

So hopefully someone can upload a Prime95 log file with the following settings:
Max FFT size to 65536 is important so that it runs through all possible FFT sizes.

/snip

Unfortunately there's no good way to know if a full iteration has been completed, the most likely indication is probably that an already tested FFT size is being repeated. On the very first iteration every FFT size should appear only once, but after that, the FFT sizes can repeat multiple times before all of the others have been tested again.
On the X299 platform the first iteration took 1:46h, but it hadn't completed a full second one after an additional 2:20h. Just to give you some ballpark numbers.
So I setup P95 using the exact settings from your screenshot and ran it for over and hour and 20 minutes. I was starting to see what I believe to be the same iterations repeating but i'm not an expert. I'm willing to help further if this wasn't it but just let me know.

7900x / X670E Taichi

Attachments

• Rep+
Reactions: sp00n82

Registered
So I setup P95 using the exact settings from your screenshot and ran it for over and hour and 20 minutes. I was starting to see what I believe to be the same iterations repeating but i'm not an expert. I'm willing to help further if this wasn't it but just let me know.

7900x / X670E Taichi
Ehh, it was the wrong log file for my automatic detection script, but manually filtering the FFT sizes confirmed the 180 entries for AVX-512 that I've found for the other log files as well. So CoreCycler should be able to handle these correctly now.

Registered
Are we still under the understanding that -30 for all cores may not be stable on every CPU?
Definitely not at +200 boost. Might be generally stable at -30 without any added boost though, mine is.

At +200 mine seems to be -12 on 2 cores on each CCD, the rest at -25. I've never been able to make this crashduring any stress test, single or multithreaded...but I did find my computer locked up this morning after a few days so it might be not quiiiittteeee stable. I might try -23 on the rest.

Registered
Hey guys. i need help with my 7700X. it's not boosting above 5.5 ghz even on pbo + 200 mhz.
motherboard msi MAG B650M mortar wifi.

used those settings

even one single core load it's capped at 5.5 ryzen master shows "max frequency" as 5750mhz, but on core temp it's at 5450- 5500 on load. not going above that ever.

i've tried to change many settings but nothing works.

Registered
Hey guys. i need help with my 7700X. it's not boosting above 5.5 ghz even on pbo + 200 mhz.
motherboard msi MAG B650M mortar wifi.

used those settings

even one single core load it's capped at 5.5 ryzen master shows "max frequency" as 5750mhz, but on core temp it's at 5450- 5500 on load. not going above that ever.

i've tried to change many settings but nothing works.
I'd trust Ryzen Master over Core Temp (i didn't think people still used that?) Try HWiNFO64.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts