Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo. Well I started a thread before, however I don't think I was specific enough. Anyways, here we go again. Basically ever since installing a SATA I haven't been able to obtain the overclock I previously had with an IDE configuration.

Basically these were the changes I have tried to make.

* Raised Vcore to 1.60
* Raised RAM Voltage to 2.80
* Set RAM Timings (2T) 3-4-4-8
* Lowered HTT to 3x - 2x
* Raised FSB 220, 230, 240
* Pluged SATA Drive in SATA4 (disabled SATA 1 and 2)
* Raised AGP to 67Mhz to activate lock

Am I missing something here? It appears that PCI lock is not activating. Even at 220 I can't even make to the pass the Windows XP loading screen.

Advice would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Are you using Clockgen to see if your PCI and AGP speeds are increasing as you OC or if they are staying at 33.3 and 66.6 Mhz respectively? If not I woudl get taht to check it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiZmo

Yo. Well I started a thread before, however I don't think I was specific enough. Anyways, here we go again. Basically ever since installing a SATA I haven't been able to obtain the overclock I previously had with an IDE configuration.

Basically these were the changes I have tried to make.

* Raised Vcore to 1.60
* Raised RAM Voltage to 2.80
* Set RAM Timings (2T) 3-4-4-8
* Lowered HTT to 3x - 2x
* Raised FSB 220, 230, 240
* Pluged SATA Drive in SATA4 (disabled SATA 1 and 2)
* Raised AGP to 67Mhz to activate lock

Am I missing something here? It appears that PCI lock is not activating. Even at 220 I can't even make to the pass the Windows XP loading screen.

Advice would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by fourstar77

Are you using Clockgen to see if your PCI and AGP speeds are increasing as you OC or if they are staying at 33.3 and 66.6 Mhz respectively? If not I woudl get taht to check it.

Some motherboards do not lock all sata drives.If you have 4 chanells for drives only 2 may be locked by PCI lock. Try move the cables around...see how you do. Hope this helps

·
Registered
72 Posts
I know this is the case with the MSI K8N Neo2 Plat board I have. 2 of the SATA channels are locked and 2 are not. At least I was reading a review on this. So I concur with wifuzzy on moving the cables around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wifuzzy

Some motherboards do not lock all sata drives.If you have 4 chanells for drives only 2 may be locked by PCI lock. Try move the cables around...see how you do. Hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.