Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am making the move to AMD64 which I have already asked about in AMD General... But before I buy my components I was looking on E-Bay

AMD64 3200 (Clawhammer)
Socket 754
L2 Cache 1MB

This will actually cost me less than the Newcastle core I was going to buy which only has 512KB L2 Cache.

Newcastle - £135 Inc VAT 17.5%
Clawhammer - $140 + $8 P+P (Short time left on auction)

The Clawhammer works out to be £82

Should I risk getting the one off E-Bay.

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
I have been lucky enough to buy all sort of stuff on e-bay and no complaints so far. Again, check the seller ratings, ask questions... in fact, ask many questions. So I can say my experience with e-bay is excellent.

And it is a good buy on the A64 3200. I have mine now for a week and some odd days and I just love it.

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeaDLocK

Ok I am making the move to AMD64 which I have already asked about in AMD General... But before I buy my components I was looking on E-Bay

AMD64 3200 (Clawhammer)
Socket 754
L2 Cache 1MB

This will actually cost me less than the Newcastle core I was going to buy which only has 512KB L2 Cache.

Newcastle - £135 Inc VAT 17.5%
Clawhammer - $140 + $8 P+P (Short time left on auction)

The Clawhammer works out to be £82
Should I risk getting the one off E-Bay.

That sounds too good to be true. Check the sellers feedback. Other than that its a roll of the dice. Good luck

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
His feedback rating is 100% and he has over 580 Buys and sells.
I have had a chat with him via E-mail and he seems very genuine...

I have used E-Bay alot but never bought anything internationaly... Thats my main concern...

Well I am going to go for it. Fingers crossed I will win so looks like I am going to sit and watch the timer count down so I can snipe.

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anything below $200 is a great price... Well for us English it is.

I love the £

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Quote:

Anything below $200 is a great price... Well for us English it is.

I love the £

I got mine for $204. Not too shabby.

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok I got it for $175 + $8 P+P which works out to be about £100...

Thats a saving of £45

Now I need a DFI Lanparty nForce3 250Gb... Wonder if I can pick this up cheaper.

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
i suggest finding a UK hardware site that has a trading/forsale section. i dont know of any but im sure you can save a bunch of money. that is if you dont mind semi-used

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
I have a thing about used stuff, especially electronics...I'd stay away from them, but since you already bought it, best of luck!

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have bought on E-bay only from UK so far about 3 PC's worth of hardware new and used and never had a problem. This one is from US so we will see.

The CPU still has warranty and I am insuring it for P+P so if it turns up and dont work... blame it on the mail man and get some compensation and buy another one.

Not being mean to the mail man but hey thats what insurance is for.

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Quote:

Ok I got it for $175 + $8 P+P which works out to be about £100...

Thats a saving of £45

Now I need a DFI Lanparty nForce3 250Gb... Wonder if I can pick this up cheaper.

Lucky....
:swearing:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts