Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my CPU died yesterday afternoon...

I have tried it in another mobo but its gone. So since 8am I have been redoing my PC with a AMD64 3000+ that my cousin gave me a while back.

Lets just hope this one overclocks as good as the 3200... Since I just bought some new Geil RAM.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Ok now I'm worried... that's 3 of has had our ClawHammers die on us, how much voltage were you running?

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeaDLocK

Well my CPU died yesterday afternoon...

I have tried it in another mobo but its gone. So since 8am I have been redoing my PC with a AMD64 3000+ that my cousin gave me a while back.

Lets just hope this one overclocks as good as the 3200... Since I just bought some new Geil RAM.

That sux...sorry to hear that. Are you going to give it a ceremony, and bury it in your back garden?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Wow... sorry to hear that man. But... *eyes his own A64 3200+ with worrysome eyes*... it scares me.

Good luck oc'ing that pretty baby.

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was running 1.540 which was 1.400 with a CPU VID Special of 110%.

So I dont think it would have been the voltage that killed it.

Well atleast I have a decent PC still thanks to my cousin... if he had not given me that 3000+ I would be using a AMD XP 1500 with a 9500 Pro GPU and 256Mb of lame arse ram.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Still, something seems wrong, 3 poeple have had their processors die here in almost the same timeframe...

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

Still, something seems wrong, 3 poeple have had their processors die here in almost the same timeframe...

Welcome to the club...

Mine died too, I got the new replacement today... Now I'm kinda unconfident about pushing this one.

List of dead clawhammers.

Setite
Deadlock
Yiffy ?? Not sure
EvilXP2400

Something is difinitely not right, all of us have good cooling and everything.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Yikes, good thing I'm stuck with my Newcastle.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookedjunglist

what kinda numbers are you getting on your newcastle...

As in cpu scores in 3dmark03??

umm, I couldn't tell you off hand cause my comp isn't running and all my numbers are on there. But stock with my 512 of corsair value select and my GPU at the OC in my sig I was getting about a 5000 total score.

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Oh you poor poor people!

3400 DTR Clawhammer, regularly sees the dark side of 80C - and its working fine...

And this is somthing to make you sadder, its an AR stepping, and its WASTED in a laptop...boo hoo

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
You get 6000 OCed. I get 5000 stock with RAM looser than a 60yr old hoor. OCed with the same RAM to 2.5 I get near 6600

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by muffin

Oh you poor poor people!

3400 DTR Clawhammer, regularly sees the dark side of 80C - and its working fine...

And this is somthing to make you sadder, its an AR stepping, and its WASTED in a laptop...boo hoo

We were all running different voltages and different overclocks... But one thing we all have in common is the motherboard.

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil XP2400

We were all running different voltages and different overclocks... But one thing we all have in common is the motherboard.

Burn it!

You lot should have words with DFI

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil XP2400

Lol, not the LANPARTY, I love it. It's my baby:shades2:

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zokus

Lol, not the LANPARTY, I love it. It's my baby:shades2:

It could be a serial killing baby

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by muffin

It could be a serial killing baby

I hope not. I love this motherboard... I got the 1 year warranty from newegg on my new cpu, so I'm safe as far as cpu problems go.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts